Gastons Website

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
I've updated the website for the 2009 event. I know there were a number of features that were requested and not implemented last year. I'm going to take a closer look and decide if I'm going to continue building on the current site or start from scratch. I'd like to at least introduce a new design (visual elements).

Feel free to register for the 2009 Fly-In. Even if I do rebuild the site I won't be making anyone re-register :)

Maybe I'm missing it...

Is there a link to the 2008 fly-in information? I see that it's possible to get there by changing the URL, but that might not be intuitive :)

I've updated the website for the 2009 event. I know there were a number of features that were requested and not implemented last year. I'm going to take a closer look and decide if I'm going to continue building on the current site or start from scratch. I'd like to at least introduce a new design (visual elements).

Feel free to register for the 2009 Fly-In. Even if I do rebuild the site I won't be making anyone re-register :)

That's great Jesse! :yes: Thanks! Is there a link we can use to get to it?

Last edited:
Registration complete. :D

Well I signed up, but alas I can only scedule planes 6 months out. I will have to put a reminder on my calender to reserve N271G mid January :)

Well I signed up, but alas I can only scedule planes 6 months out. I will have to put a reminder on my calender to reserve N271G mid January :)

You shouldn't have put this down, now Kent is going to do his best to beat you to it! Best to be sneaky. ;)

I've got the Mooney booked, but if a "more interesting" aircraft comes up in that same time period, expect a change. :D

Likewise, registered the "crowd" of 9. Thanks!

I was disappointed that you didn't list your aircraft as "Ford Expedition" like you did last year! :)

You shouldn't have put this down, now Kent is going to do his best to beat you to it! Best to be sneaky. ;)

I've got the Mooney booked, but if a "more interesting" aircraft comes up in that same time period, expect a change. :D

Ted,

Don't you know that Mooney's can't land on grass? :no:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was disappointed that you didn't list your aircraft as "Ford Expedition" like you did last year! :)

I probably will! You have a good memory. If I could list this Expedition, I would.

However, I'm going to try and see if I can fly/drive--fly up there with a couple of the kids, and fly back, and the rest of the crew drive up.

Ted,

Don't you know that Mooney's can't land on grass? :no:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually, this Mooney can't land on grass, at least not if I want to continue having the privilege of flying it. If I bring it, I'll have to land at Mountain Home and have someone else ferry me (and whoever else comes) over. :)

That said, a more interesting plane might pop up that can land on grass. :D

Uh...isn't that the plane Kent normally flies? Do you guys plan on flying in together? :)

This is going to come down to which one of them is "in" or "tight" with the club's admin, or calls in a favor or greases a palm. Admins can "override" the rules and get them on the books today. :yes:

Why don't you just fly down with Kent and share the airplane once your there? That is what Jason and I did this year and it worked well.

Why don't you just fly down with Kent and share the airplane once your there? That is what Jason and I did this year and it worked well.

It did work well. He flew down and I flew back. Plus, I can't say that there was ever a time when we were there that I wanted to fly and couldn't within a few minutes. We each just paid for the time that we were in the left seat. I'd split it this way again in a second.

Kent will have used his time machine and will have already reserved it! ;)

Don't need to, I'm admin on the reservation system so I could reserve it right now if I wanted to. :D

Unfortunately, I'd feel guilty if I didn't play fair. And frankly, the way things are looking I'm not going to be in the club next June anyway because I will have moved somewhere else. I'm gonna miss that bird. :(

The site looks great!

I'm gonna do some planning (work & flight) and hopefully we'll be able to make it for the 2009 Fly-In.

Can we make boiled peanuts when we get there? Gaston's in close enough to Alabama and that's where I used to get them. hmm hmmmm hmmm.

I just officially booked a room for the weekend.
My wife and I will be there!
Looking forward to our first Gastons.

I just officially booked a room for the weekend.
My wife and I will be there!
Looking forward to our first Gastons.

That's great! Look forward to seeing you there! :yes: We need to book our cottage. After spending time in #14 a few weeks ago, I think we'll try to get that one.

Jesse, it looks like the web site has been busy! :) Thirty people have registered so far....that's great!

Someone asked me about a map of where people are traveling from who are attending...would that be too much trouble?

Thanks again for setting the site up for all of us. :)

Back