Gaston's web cam?

English Translation.... No Web Cam yet.

English translation: You'll be lucky to get a web cam, even if trying to do so crashes all the bandwidth at the resort.

English translation: You'll be lucky to get a web cam, even if trying to do so crashes all the bandwidth at the resort.

Yeah. We only managed to get over 5 hours of video and audio out. It would have gone better if we didn't spend so much time trying to use freaking WINDOWS systems.

Our friends can see the hours of recorded sessions.

Do we have any friends here?

Last edited:
How do we tap into this video & audio? Thanks! - Mike

yeah, I tried the posted link
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gastons-fly-in-2007
and cannot see a place to insert the pw. Tried all the
buttons, only thing I see is
(and I recently was inflicted with the latest Java updates too)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
There are 76 users and 27 invisible on 1 servers
40 channels formed
I have 103 clients and 0 servers
Current Local Users: 103 Max: 435
Current Global Users: 103 Max: 435
MOTD File is missing
*** Mode changed to wx
= #Gaston's-Fly-in-2007 Guest-688 Guest-177 Guest-101 Guest-141
#Gaston's-Fly-in-2007 End of /NAMES list.
#Gaston's-Fly-in-2007 Guest-688 dev-7FE4DDF1.dsl.mdldtx.swbell.net chat1.ustream.tv Guest-688 H 0 uStream User
#Gaston's-Fly-in-2007 Guest-177 dev-1672BFAE.tampabay.res.rr.com chat1.ustream.tv Guest-177 H 0 uStream User
#Gaston's-Fly-in-2007 Guest-101 dev-1672BFAE.tampabay.res.rr.com chat1.ustream.tv Guest-101 H 0 uStream User
#Gaston's-Fly-in-2007 Guest-141 dev-5F17B758.dsl.mdsnwi.ameritech.net chat1.ustream.tv Guest-141 H 0 uStream User
#Gaston's-Fly-in-2007 End of /WHO list.
#Gaston's-Fly-in-2007 +
#Gaston's-Fly-in-2007 1181261347
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

when I click the chat button

Tell me how this looks:

http://www.ustream.tv/pilotcast/videos/VKFXIyqH80hbTgKgbeXj3K8pa3k2rY3j

I don't have enough bandwidth to see it. I have barely enough to manage it.

Let me know if it's in real time. I only see it as time lapse.

I think it ended up being time lapse due to the limited uplink bandwidth.

I made the others for friends only. I would imagine you become a friend by registering and asking me "pilotcast" to make you a friend.

I have only little idea of what audio was picked up, I'm hesitant to let the world in on it until I have a chance to review. I know we can download and edit these together.

Last edited:
\
I don't have enough bandwidth to see it. I have barely enough to manage it.

Apparently it has enough of something to crash Netscape, ha-ha!
Might be a project for Gastons 2008.
Thanks for trying, starting to get G-withdrawl symptoms already.

wait, wait, I can see it in IE! Lots more planes, lining the strip now!

Last edited:
I think youre almost there, only suggestion I have is the subjects may prefer to not have their butts in prime view as such...maybe a little higher tripod?!

I think youre almost there, only suggestion I have is the subjects may prefer to not have their butts in prime view as such...maybe a little higher tripod?!

Must...control........fists....of....death....

Dave,,,,,,

What I wasted about 12 hours on was trying to get an external camera to work. I even went out and bought 2 webcams that were supposed to work. They all want Windows..and as we know Windows is the notwork operating system.

What you see came from when we gave up and used what shipped INSIDE my MacBook Pro. MacBook Pros don't come with a tripod mount.

I'll make some timelapse movies tomorrow. - Maybe - No streaming.

I for one would like to thank Mike for spending all that time trying to get the webcam thing going. You da man! Too bad there were such bandwith issues:mad:

don - next year you'll just have to come to the real thing :)

Mike, my dear friend -I fear I am misunderstood...and for this I apologize.
I just am no good with words sometimes I hope you understand. I will try to re-say what was intended, not sure if its any better though:
Your efforts are both admirable, and 1000 times what I could ever hope to accomplish! It is 99% of what is needed. Do not focus on my suggestion, it is only that, not a criticism!
May I help out? I have two tripods that donated to me - I never use them. I will look tonight and if one is a tall one, I will pm you and ask for your address - I will send one to you if you want it or think they will help!

Mike, my dear friend -I fear I am misunderstood...and for this I apologize.
I just am no good with words sometimes I hope you understand. I will try to re-say what was intended, not sure if its any better though:
Your efforts are both admirable, and 1000 times what I could ever hope to accomplish! It is 99% of what is needed. Do not focus on my suggestion, it is only that, not a criticism!
May I help out? I have two tripods that donated to me - I never use them. I will look tonight and if one is a tall one, I will pm you and ask for your address - I will send one to you if you want it or think they will help!

Thanks. The major accomplishment was from Jason being the network engineer getting the WiFi signal working out there. Thanks also go to Grant who donated his laptop and spent a lot of time putting up with me trying keep it working.

I have a bunch of small tripods and a big video tripod - which was the one thing I didn't pack. It was close to going though. We'll take it to Oshkosh. What I didn't have is a viable external camera that worked on my MacBook.

I'll be buying one webcam and I'm gonna search for a compact HD digital video camera that can be a webcam with a firewire cable.

I still don't know how the flash thing works when you have two "iSights." I'll find out.

If you have a lightweight collapsible tripod, that might be a good fit for the toolbox. I will PM you an address.

Last edited:
Thanks.
If you have a lightweight collapsible tripod, that might be a good fit for the toolbox. I will PM you an address.

I found one; if you think you can use it - its yours; pm your address.
It extends to over 5' and folds to about half that.

Attachments

• extended.JPG
    extended.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 8
  • mount.JPG
    mount.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 5
Back