Gaston's weather

On a side note....Tony, have you looked at Dr. Jack for the weekend????? Looks pretty damn good

Chip, can you improve next Thursday's forecast for my trip down? :D

C'mon Chip!! Now they're showing some isolated t-storms. maybe they'll magically go away like the sunny days did?

I'm trying something new with the weather this year. I'm not exactly sure how it will work but I'm trying for sunny skies, temps in the mid 60's, humidity in the 30% range, and tailwinds for all PC users. Not so much for the Mac users. :D

Let me know how that goes, Chip....or if you do it right maybe you won't have to tell me...I'll know!

But really, can you PLEEEASE get rid of those Iso Tstrms? They're not my cup of tea.

But really, can you PLEEEASE get rid of those Iso Tstrms? They're not my cup of tea.
There will be storms somewhere. There always is. I wouldn't worry too much about isolated--it's spring. Just watch the radar and slowly hop your way towards Gastons. You can always land and wait it out.

20% in the SE in the summer is basically 0% of embedded or frontal activity.

quote=jesse;307659]There will be storms somewhere. There always is. I wouldn't worry too much about isolated--it's spring. Just watch the radar and slowly hop your way towards Gastons. You can always land and wait it out.[/quote]

Yeppers--- for those of you not accustomed to flying in the south, isolated TRW are fine, because you can see and avoid them easily.

Plus, if it rains from time to time, briefly, it clears out the haze!

It doesn't look like they're going to be so scattered now. We can't get out of town until Friday morning. I'm just hoping it's VFR-enough friday morning to make it down there. If not, we'll either have to give up at least 1 nights rent or drive the 3 hours.

Yeppers--- for those of you not accustomed to flying in the south, isolated TRW are fine, because you can see and avoid them easily.
and it makes it fun to play follow the leader:D

We tried getting a pop-up clearance on the return last year from Memphis Center around Jonesboro and they declined (what's up with that!?). We ended up spiraling down through a hole and flew about 75 miles at 2.5k feet.

Hmm...looks like excellent weather for us all the way from California. That and even a 25-30 knot tailwind :yes:

-Felix

and it makes it fun to play follow the leader:D

...even if a Bo can't catch a Mooney, it's sure nice to have a skilled trailblazer ahead...

Well I guess we are going to officially cancel :(. I really don't want to slug it out with weather both ways. Weather here is supposed to be plain ugly for the next week or so.

We'll miss you all, we were really looking forward to seeing everyone. Will open a bottle of wine tomorrow night and have a toast. :cheerswine:

Y'all have a great time.

Dave

Guess that means there'll be an open room if needed.

Well I guess we are going to officially cancel :(. I really don't want to slug it out with weather both ways. Weather here is supposed to be plain ugly for the next week or so.

We'll miss you all, we were really looking forward to seeing everyone. Will open a bottle of wine tomorrow night and have a toast. :cheerswine:

Y'all have a great time.

Dave

Guess that means there'll be an open room if needed.
Sorry you are canceling. I am going to wait until later today to make my decision. I am planning on flying out tomorrow around 10am CDT if I go.

Its looking windy but otherwise generally good here. Cookies are loaded in the car and Im off to get Kaye and go to the airport. We'll be off sometime late morning/mid day.

I guess we need to dock Chip's pay!

Weather is looking iffy for me as well. I'm comfortable with high winds, but our insurance won't touch us over 30kts...it's hovering at gusts to 26. It's beginning to look like high cloud coverage (probably pretty low altitude right after strong tsrms tonight) for the departure and we're stuck in between high t-storm probability in departure and arrival.

This is my first overnight cross country. I'm thinking we're driving. A wise man once told me to weigh the pro's and con's on every decision you make...and it just makes sense to drive, at this point.

(I'm still REALLY excited to go!)

Back