Gaston's...thanks to everyone!

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
And especially a big THANK YOU to:

Chip for loaning me his Citabria (the Yellow Peril) and for our wonderful Gaston’s web site

Steve See for manning the radio (keeping us safer) and providing parking directions

Gil Valez (TeenDoc), Bill Cloughley, and Ed Fred for giving me rides

Kaye :)

Steve See and Bill Cloughley and Greg B. and Bruce C. for taking Tom flying

John Clifford for constantly making me laugh (and for the Hooker Harnesses...I forgot to buy you a beer!)

Ed Guthrie for helping me with the tie wrap in the dark

Ed Fred for helping me with my internet connection

Those people with high wing airplanes...thank you for the shade! :D

Generous people who brought food and drink to share including Grant and Leslie P., and Sue Flynn

Everyone who helped push and pull airplanes around in the grass

Those who brought tents for shade and those who furnished water bottles

All the great hugs from all the wonderful people….

:)

A BIG THANK YOU to DIANA AND TOM for getting this all together!!!

:yes:

Attachments

• applause.gif
    applause.gif
    156.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Thank you Diana, Tom and everyone else that contributed to making this a successful event. I had a wonderful time. :D

A thank you thread! Good idea!

Thanks to Mark Bell for letting me spend the night in Jefferson City, making my Friday flight to Gastons much shorter, so I wouldn't be so tired when I got in.

Thanks to Steve See and Greg Bockelman for the rides in the cool planes.

Thanks to Tony Condon for showing me how to do Commercial Maneuvers. He is one hell of a CFI.

Thanks to Ed Frederick for convincing me to convince the other owners about the Gap Seals for my plane. I cannot imagine NOT having those now.

Thank you to Jesse for not running me over when I ran across the runway to ride with him to Flippin for fuel, for letting me throw off his weight and balance, and for scaring somebody by taking off with Ed Fred on downwind. Too bad you didn't talk to Ed Fred first, eh? :D Oh yeah, thank you for not hitting and damn buildings while we were out.

Thank you to Diana for putting this whole shebang together. Its gotten better each year. You're gonna start having a hard time outdoing yourself if you make it this fun every year :D

Thank you to Chip and Greg for giving so many dang rides. Chip looked like he was gonna die by the end of the day on Saturday, and Greg had to start doubling up the rides because it was starting to take too long! Masterful guys, you really deserve an award or something.

Thank you Kath, for actually coming to the event and guaranteeing that no one else was gonna get the longest distance trophy. You are a really cool person, and I loved talking with you, and my dog loves ya too, I know it.

Fnally, Tom and Diana: Thank you. It was great to see you again.

SkyHog said:
Thanks to Tony Condon for showing me how to do Commercial Maneuvers. He is one hell of a CFI.

Lets wait till you go out and practice them and see how much you remember. You did a good job for the intro. How good I did will depend on how well you remember.

And while we are at it:

Thanks to Jesse for giving me a ride, couldnt have made it without you

Thanks Nick for sharing the room

Chip for the amazing Extra ride, I think all my coworkers are already sick of hearing about it

Greg for the 190/(5) ride, I love that plane

Leah for coming along and enjoying it

Steve, Diana, Tom and all the others who made everything so fun and run smoothly.

Last edited:
Thanks to Diana and Tom, another great year.
Thanks to Greg and Chip also for flying all day in that heat giving rides.

I know there are others that stand out, but just can't name then all. Thanks from me to everyone for being so friendly and making it another memorable year at Gastons.
Already looking forward to next year and MAYBE I will have a plane to fly down this time.

Mark B.

Let me just say thanks to everyone who attended. It was a great mix and everyone added to the experience. I had fun just watching all the planes coming and going and doing some coming and going myself with some really neat people (I have to keep an eye on that Lance Fisher, though...he flies [and lands] my plane better than I do!).

I see I need to get better at grovelling for a ride in the Extra, Citabria, and 195, there are some pros out there, LOL...hey Kent, I'll even take a ride in the 182!

Steve said:
LOL...hey Kent, I'll even take a ride in the 182!

LOL! :rofl:

I'm actually hoping my club has a DA40 by this time next year. :yes: That might be worth a few more rides. :)

I still need to get a ride in the IAR and the 195... I was really wishing I could have gotten a ride in that awesome Beech 18.

Thanks to...

Diana for making this all happen. I had a great time!

Steve for keeping the chaos under control! Also I enjoyed the IAR.

Chip for the Extra ride. Thanks, I enjoyed it. I just didn't want to throw up in your airplane :)

Greg for the 195 ride. It's a great plane!

Nick for the room.

Tony for filing on the way back...otherwise I would have been scud running it at 800 feet for awhile...or maybe I would have just not left :)

and everyone else that I probably forgot!

Thank you indeed. Tom and Diana for EVERY THING

I did'nt get a chance to fly with chip but I sure do appreciate the weather
Dave for making the trip possible.
Ed For the Room
Spike, Steve and Greg for the rides.

Heck Thanks to everyone for being so gracious and friendly.

Steve said:
I see I need to get better at grovelling for a ride in the Extra, Citabria, and 195, there are some pros out there, LOL...hey Kent, I'll even take a ride in the 182!

You are on my short list for next year, Steve. :yes:

I think the flying I enjoyed the most was the flight in Chip's Citabria with Tom. I haven't flown an airplane lighter than my 195 in a very long time. And with the delivery of my Taylorcraft imminant, I wanted to fly something similar.

Thanks to Chip and Tom for allowing me that opportunity.

Well, I want to thank...

Diana (& Tom) for putting it all together

Chip for the website

Greg for the ride in the 190/(5)

Mark Bell for the use of his truck

Steve for his outstanding ATC performance

Mike & Kent for putting together one heck of a studio, and Mike for providing the WiFi, even though I think I was the only one who actually could use it :)

Chip, Diana, Greg, Ken, and all others who were willing for giving rides

and EVERYONE for showing up and making it a special get-together! The sense of camaraderie there, even towards those of us who had never previously met in the "real" world, was amazing.

Back