Gaston's Runway Test Sled Report

Ed Guthrie

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Ed Guthrie
As of 6/10/2009, 3:45 PM, Gaston's runway is bone dry, bullet proof firm, and smooth. Grass is brown in the center zone but no dirt showing as yet.

TS on the way this afternoon/evening so above obviously subject to change, but that's your test sled report for today.

thanks for the report Ed. Enjoy the fishing, see you tomorrow.

What plane did you fly in there? Because you know that Mooneys can't land on grass! :D

..and who was it that jumped all over me because I said the runway would dry out fine?

Does this change anything? :eek:

Attachments

• radar916p.jpg
    radar916p.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 74
It'll blow on through, think positive, folks. It's just a little sprinkle.

If you don't feel safe avoiding thunderstorms do not attempt it.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/southmissvly_loop.php

No kidding. That line that just came through Dallas was fun (not!). Tornado warnings, winds to 80 MPH, trucks and trees blown over--it picked up my large gas grill (with a FULL heavy tank of fuel) and pitched it end over end eight feet across the yard.

Dr. Dave landed in Grayson County just ahead of the weather. I was glad to hear he was safely on the ground.

Those same storms were pretty rough this morning if Dallas. Seem like they are just ending. Looks like a stationary front will be hanging around a couple days on the prog charts. Hope everyone gets in O.K.

Best,

Dave

Back