Gastons room update

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
Gastons is filling up fast for the June Fly-in. They have a few Motel rooms and cabins left, so if you are going and haven't made your reservations, you better do so soon.

I've had mine since.....well....whenever Diana set the dates for it last year.

Got mine. Trying to figure a way out to screw EdFred out of another $20.00 in the deal.

SCCutler said:
Got mine. Trying to figure a way out to screw EdFred out of another $20.00 in the deal.

Well, you are a lawyer!!

Ken Ibold said:
If he can only screw you out of $20, he ain't much of a lawyer!!!

:rofl: :goofy: :p

Ouch.

Hey, Ken, know any lawyers?

Ken Ibold said:
If he can only screw you out of $20, he ain't much of a lawyer!!!

:rofl: :goofy: :p

OH MAN double zinger. I read Eds post and was cracking up then I saw Kens and fell off the chair and I'm a lawyer.

I've had my room since about November or October of last year. Its gonna be a good time, I trust!

After making the first two Gaston's events, I regret I will be unable to attend this year's (and I was planning on landing on the grass too!!:D ).

My wife won out and we are off to France that weekend for a two week holiday.

bstratt said:
After making the first two Gaston's events, I regret I will be unable to attend this year's (and I was planning on landing on the grass too!!:D ).

52 weeks in a year, and she decides on that one? Thanks for reminding me why I'm not married.

bstratt said:

You're choosing France over Gaston's?

We'll miss you this year Barry. I hope you'll be able to make GIV.

Chip

N2212R said:
52 weeks in a year, and she decides on that one? Thanks for reminding me why I'm not married.
I think your avatar says everything we need to know about why you're not married Ed. :p

gibbons said:
I think your avatar says everything we need to know about why you're not married Ed. :p

Didn't you mean Mr Ed?

Just booked a cottage - still some available - was $193 a night. I don't know how many people (if any) will come with me, but I'll be sure and list available space or offer my reservation to somebody if I have to cancel.

TMetzinger said:
Just booked a cottage - still some available - was $193 a night. I don't know how many people (if any) will come with me, but I'll be sure and list available space or offer my reservation to somebody if I have to cancel.
Tim, I'm glad to hear that you decided to come. I see that you signed up on our Gaston's website, too. :) There are several people that would like to come that still need a ride if you end up with empty seats.

Dean and I may meet down at Gaston's for lunch sometime soon. I need to check out The House, and am curious about how the wind sock looks since they moved it out of the trees.

They claim that it got so cold, in Vale, this past winter that they saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets. Go figure? Good thing you are going to Gastons in June it will be hot, Ed.:dunno:

N2212R said:

She didn't pick it, her cousin did. My wife's cousin lives in England. Her husband's brother owns a place in Bourdeaux and offered it for free. Her cousin phoned and said they were going those two weeks and did we want to join them. Nuff said for her.

Now she owes me a big one!

Diana said:
Tim, I'm glad to hear that you decided to come. I see that you signed up on our Gaston's website, too. :) There are several people that would like to come that still need a ride if you end up with empty seats.

Dean and I may meet down at Gaston's for lunch sometime soon. I need to check out The House, and am curious about how the wind sock looks since they moved it out of the trees.

It looks like this Diana:D
I wish I could come, don't think so right now, but who knows.
Don

Attachments

• windsock.JPG
    windsock.JPG
    840.2 KB · Views: 52
  • windsock1.JPG
    windsock1.JPG
    821.1 KB · Views: 43
  • windsock2.JPG
    windsock2.JPG
    830.8 KB · Views: 36
Don Jones said:
Oh, dear. Where is Steve going to put his "command center/judging tent"? :D
Don Jones said:
I hope you can make it.

Barry, I'm sorry you can't, but France does sound nice. :)

Diana said:
Oh, dear. Where is Steve going to put his "command center/judging tent"? :D
Right next to the windsock. That way, when the thunderstorms arrive we'll have a lightning rod nearby. :eek:

Here's the latest from Danny Gaston on remaining available accommodations as of today:

2 Deluxe cottages for Friday night only
4 Bedroom Accommodations for Friday night only
1 Ultra Deluxe no deck for Friday night only
2 Ultra Deluxes with decks for Friday night only
1 Bedroom Accommodation for Friday and Saturday night

I am pretty sure I'll be there.....

Not sure enough to reserve a room though..

We'll see how things play out.

Don Jones said:
Don

Man, does that ever look pretty. Living in the desert S.W. you forget what green looks like.:(

Diana,
Is there camping anywhere around there?? I might well be flying up with Bill, but heck, I can't figure out next week, much less way in the future... :( so I might have to ship up my camping gear and try and find some place to pitch it. Sheesh.

etsisk said:
Diana,
Is there camping anywhere around there?? I might well be flying up with Bill, but heck, I can't figure out next week, much less way in the future... :( so I might have to ship up my camping gear and try and find some place to pitch it. Sheesh.

Tom, I'll try to firm up the extra plane space shortly...:yes:

jangell said:
I am pretty sure I'll be there.....

Not sure enough to reserve a room though..

We'll see how things play out.

Im likely w/Jesse. If he backs out, I might be able to throw something together in the airplane department last minute, depending on my cash flow.

"You can sleep in an airplane but you cant fly a house" keeps coming to mind

heh bill, i was also wondering the same thing

tonycondon said:
Im likely w/Jesse. If he backs out, I might be able to throw something together in the airplane department last minute, depending on my cash flow.

"You can sleep in an airplane but you cant fly a house" keeps coming to mind

I don't see why I won't be coming. But the way my luck has been over the last few months here. Who knows.

I've still got a plane reserved.....

I've slept in a 172 several times, It's not actually that bad.

ive slept in the back seat of one. i was also surprised at how comfy it was. slept well until the guy flying made bounced his landing, but hey it was his first night landing. Don't worry, there was another CFI up front. Those jerks decided it would be more fun to scare me than wake me up and tell me to put my seatbelt on etc. :)

tonycondon said:
heh bill, i was also wondering the same thing
When I was in my teens a friend and I took a motorcycle trip from Wisconsin to New Orleans to Los Angeles to Seattle and back to Wisconsin. Anyway, as we were passing through the Yellowstone area headed home, the weather was crap, it was getting dark, and there was no lodging to be found. We soldiered on, until we were soaked to the skin and freezing. We pitched the tent at the next spot of grass we found and slept. Next morning, an amplified voice: "Hey you in the orange tent, you're going to have to move." Yeah, yeah, yeah. Outside the tent door was a sign: "WELCOME TO YELLOWSTONE." We'd slept on the turf island at the park's east entrance.

Sometimes it's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Ken Ibold said:
"Hey you in the orange tent, you're going to have to move." Yeah, yeah, yeah. Outside the tent door was a sign: "WELCOME TO YELLOWSTONE." We'd slept on the turf island at the park's east entrance.

*snork*, that, is a good little story!

Ken Ibold said:
When I was in my teens a friend and I took a motorcycle trip from Wisconsin to New Orleans to Los Angeles to Seattle and back to Wisconsin. Anyway, as we were passing through the Yellowstone area headed home, the weather was crap, it was getting dark, and there was no lodging to be found. We soldiered on, until we were soaked to the skin and freezing. We pitched the tent at the next spot of grass we found and slept. Next morning, an amplified voice: "Hey you in the orange tent, you're going to have to move." Yeah, yeah, yeah. Outside the tent door was a sign: "WELCOME TO YELLOWSTONE." We'd slept on the turf island at the park's east entrance.

Sometimes it's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

:lightning: :lightning: :lightning: :no:

;)

Bill Jennings said:
If a tent went up in the middle of the night, and came down before dawns early light, would it make a sound?

Not that I would advocate this, seeing Gastons no camping policy.
Well, I just got an Expedition A-Sym Hennessey Hammock, so if they weren't looking at HAMMOCKS expecting to find someone snuggled up cozy for the night . . . who knows, hmm?

etsisk said:
Well, I just got an Expedition A-Sym Hennessey Hammock, so if they weren't looking at HAMMOCKS expecting to find someone snuggled up cozy for the night . . . who knows, hmm?

Tom, I've been oogling the Hennessey Hammock tents for a good while now, have you slept in it? Comfy? Worth the money? For wooded areas, looks like a nice emergency tent to have along.

I recommend it!

I haven't spent the night in it, but don't see that it would be a problem - I've slept in it for a couple of hours and even with my very bad back . . . well let me put it like this: My back felt better after I slept in it than it did before I slept in it! The thing really works. I stuck a picky friend of mine in there - someone who's into the whole camping thing, and was dubious of hammocks - and she wholeheartedly approved the purchase! We've been having lots of thunderstorms lately, so I haven't been in it all night, but will the first remotely clear night we have! I'll let you know how that works for me.

Go for it! I'm 6'1", 215, and am fine in it - though I might get the larger size (explorer deluxe a-sym), just because I like room. Heck, I usually camp alone and I carry a 6 man tent. Like I said - I like room. But this one would be just fine for me for an extended period, I believe. And it's easy as pie to put up! And take down! It'll fly with me all the time, I believe.

etsisk said:
IGo for it! I'm 6'1", 215, and am fine in it - though I might get the larger size (explorer deluxe a-sym), just because I like room. Heck, I usually camp alone and I carry a 6 man tent. Like I said - I like room. But this one would be just fine for me for an extended period, I believe. And it's easy as pie to put up! And take down! It'll fly with me all the time, I believe.

Sounds nice, I use a Eureka Timberlight for MC camping, and was thinking of the hammock tent. Supposedly they have some kind of poles you can buy to set it up in areas with no trees, have you tried that?

Back