• Pink Slips

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

James_Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Eggman
I need some opinions on the Friday night poker Gaston's poker championship.

I think I can muster enough chips to have 15 - 20 entrants, if there is more interest we'll find a way to accomodate.

We'll pay out to the top 20% of the players, 10 players = 2 place pay outs, 20 players = 4 place pay outs.

Play will be last man standing.

We'll pay out a knockout bonus to be determined when number of players is known.

Blinds will double every 15 - 20 minutes and when the number of players dwindles will go to every 10 hands.

Bourbon consumption will be encouraged.

Please vote in the poll and send me a PM if you're interested in playing. Please choose if you want it Limit or No limit and then also pick how much you want the buy in to be.

James Dean

Last edited:
im poor, and will only get poorer in a poker tournament, so keep it cheap.

If it's a tourney, then I say no limit. If it's a cash game then I'd say $3-$6 limit (3 raise max).

Since I didn't understand half the things you said, I think I'd better stay clear (except maybe for the bourbon :))

Blind doubling every 20min is steep. If starting with a 25cent small blind it would end up being a $64 small blind at the 3hr mark:hairraise:

I vote a cash game so people can join in a go as needed. People leaving would need to give a 20min heads up so they can't leave after taking a large pot.

Buy in would be $10 - $30 bucks but the chips would have no cash value - you might start with 200 for example. We might start blinds at 1/2 and double from there. If we don't make the jumps that fast the game might go on for 6 hours. However, I'm very open to suggestion.

You will be able to get up and leave whenever you want, but your chips stay on the table and you'll have to submit any missed blinds to the pot upon your return.

James Dean

Buy in would be $10 - $30 bucks but the chips would have no cash value - you might start with 200 for example. We might start blinds at 1/2 and double from there. If we don't make the jumps that fast the game might go on for 6 hours. However, I'm very open to suggestion.

You will be able to get up and leave whenever you want, but your chips stay on the table and you'll have to submit any missed blinds to the pot upon your return.

James Dean

Sounds pretty standard.

What time were you thinking of starting? I don't think we'll be wheels down until around 8:30pm. From there we'd need to check in, etc. so I might not be able to play in the tourney.

Sounds pretty standard.

What time were you thinking of starting? I don't think we'll be wheels down until around 8:30pm. From there we'd need to check in, etc. so I might not be able to play in the tourney.

Set up at 9:00 with first hand around 9:30 ish.

What game are we going to play? Hold'Em, Omaha Hi, Omaha Hi/Lo, Razz, Stud Hi, Stud Hi/Lo?

Not much for games of chance, the last time I rolled the dice I ended up married and with a kid.:eek:

Last edited:
I say $20 buy in, no limit with no rebuy, and no early departure, winner takes all. Its the only way to ensure that this tournament does not go beyond when everyone's already bored.

Back