Gaston's Picture and Video thread

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Here's some photos and unedited video. Got to take my sister Heidi for her first-ever GA flights, she accompanied me on the Poker Run and was thrilled with the experience.

The obligatory Gaston's picture:

IMG_0104.JPG

At KBBG (Branson), Heidi and I picked up Alison (my sister-in-law), who had flown in on Branson Air Express from Dallas Redbird to join us for the weekend. In this picture, L-R, is Alison, my sister Heidi, and myself:

IMG_0114.JPG

Flying with my sister Heidi:

IMG_0110.JPG

Spike landing at 3M0, and a zoom in on the G1000 C172 I took to the event:

Heidi filmed our departure from KHRO during the poker run:

Last edited:
Here are some vids:

Baron flyby, you can hear Greg's lovely voice:

Flyby:

Landing with Lynn

Last edited:
I'm no photog, so nothing impressive on my camera. But, here's one shot I got of the flightline.

gastons11fl.jpg

And a fisherman on a nice sunny morning:
gastons11.jpg

Last edited:
Did you have to photoshop out that ugly Vtail, or were you lucky enough to find it gone when you took it? :D:D

I'm no photog, so nothing impressive on my camera. But, here's one shot I got of the flightline.
gastons11fl.jpg

Greg later did a low pass in the Baron: at 175 knots! No big deal for him I guess <g>

Best,

Dave

I love this place! I live only 30 minutes from here and make it one of my routine flights!

I envy you

Its 6 hours for me but i'd like to make the trip sometime.

Expectations met, and exceeded.

Photos such as these do not happen by accident, Brook; you have a gift. Thanks for sharing.

Expectations met, and exceeded.

Photos such as these do not happen by accident, Brook; you have a gift. Thanks for sharing.

I hate the one of you giving me bunny ears turned out blurry. It was too funny a photo so I went ahead and posted it anyways. :rofl:

Such awesome photos. Really well done. Now I know I will seriously consider going to Gaston's thanks to you.... it looks beautiful.

That's just two short three hour legs! Leave at 6am and you'll be there early afternoon! Hope you can make it sometime.

Ha I would be grinning from ear to ear if I got to spend that much time flying.. the only issue is paying for it!

Brook: those are great. Somehow you stopped the props on the Baron, but it kept flying (scratching my head) <g>

Best,

Dave

Gotta get the shutter open longer to keep prop blur, if that's the effect you're going for.

I've been working on that with my fledgling photography habit.

But I like lookin' at any aircraft photos and enjoy 'em, props stopped in flight or not.

Back