Gaston's meals

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
So far it looks like we might have 45 at Gaston’s for dinner Friday, 60 for dinner on Saturday, and at least 70 for Sunday Brunch. Give or take 20 for each meal. The evening meals will be about 7:30, and the brunch will be at around 10:30 or 11:00.

I’ve booked sections of the restaurant for each meal, so you just need to tell them you are with the fly-in. You don’t need to eat at the restaurant when we do, or at all, but you might let me know if what you are doing is different than what you marked on the attendance sheet.

my plan is to eat dinners at the restaurant, and possible breakfasts (and of course the Brunch).

But lunch is gonna be BBQ for me. Hopefully BBQ fish :D I'm gonna take the van into town at some point and go buy some hotdogs and stuff. Anyone wants to join me can, but its gonna be BYOF (I'm cheap).

Diana, sign me up for the supper Friday, and Saturday, and for the brunch on Sunday. Tommy'll bethere, Celia.... we'll see. My bet's yes, but dunno.

SkyHog said:
my plan is to eat dinners at the restaurant, and possible breakfasts (and of course the Brunch).

But lunch is gonna be BBQ for me. Hopefully BBQ fish :D I'm gonna take the van into town at some point and go buy some hotdogs and stuff. Anyone wants to join me can, but its gonna be BYOF (I'm cheap).

Nick,

Are you (or is someone else) bringing a grill?

Maybe we should all go get $100 hamburgers for lunch. :rofl:

flyingcheesehead said:
Nick,

Are you (or is someone else) bringing a grill?

Maybe we should all go get $100 hamburgers for lunch. :rofl:

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe there are grills there (I seem to remember seeing them when i was there, unless I'm crazy).

SkyHog said:
Unless I'm mistaken, I believe there are grills there (I seem to remember seeing them when i was there, unless I'm crazy).

IIRC, one next to each cabin, just outside the front door.

Where's the sign in sheet again? Is that on Chip's site? I don't have the address of that.

We'll probably do Saturday lunch and dinner, but would have to be a little earlier on dinner if we're going to get out Saturday evening.

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Where's the sign in sheet again? Is that on Chip's site? I don't have the address of that.
http://www.gastonsflyin.com

Dave Siciliano said:
We'll probably do Saturday lunch and dinner, but would have to be a little earlier on dinner if we're going to get out Saturday evening.
OK, thanks Dave! So, I won't have a chance to take all your money playing poker? Dangit! :D

Well, we just had a big change in plans. Ron Mara's dad just passed away and he's going to have to head out to the west coast with his family. So, I'm either flying alone or with one young man from here that is trying to work things out.

Anyone I could pick up or give a ride out assumin the A-36 is finished? I e-mailed Bill Suffa to see if he can get up here some how and ride along.

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Well, we just had a big change in plans. Ron Mara's dad just passed away and he's going to have to head out to the west coast with his family. So, I'm either flying alone or with one young man from here that is trying to work things out.

Anyone I could pick up or give a ride out assumin the A-36 is finished? I e-mailed Bill Suffa to see if he can get up here some how and ride along.

Dave

Dave, I just talked to my sister (in San Antonio) and found that she's headed out of town for a while. Her husband is a pilot that's currently flying a Stinson 108 and halfway through building an RV-9. When she said he was moaning about being left home alone, I though he might be interested in coming to Gaston's but it would be a pretty long flight at 100 mph. He might however be willing to come as far as ADS in the Stinson. At first I was thinking of Bill Suffa, but AFaIK he's not coming this year, at least I haven't seen any posts by him WRT this weekend.

lancefisher said:
Dave, I just talked to my sister (in San Antonio) and found that she's headed out of town for a while. Her husband is a pilot that's currently flying a Stinson 108 and halfway through building an RV-9. When she said he was moaning about being left home alone, I though he might be interested in coming to Gaston's but it would be a pretty long flight at 100 mph. He might however be willing to come as far as ADS in the Stinson. At first I was thinking of Bill Suffa, but AFaIK he's not coming this year, at least I haven't seen any posts by him WRT this weekend.

I think we'd have room for him if he could get up here.

Brandon Masso is coming up with me; he's 14 and a great kid. Spike Cutler is worried about the prop on his plane; may or may not be ready and he would ride with us as a back up. Bill Suffa said he's booked something else, but there's a possiblity of Saturday--he's going to let me know. We could still probably carry him. If I get a full load, I'd just land at Mountain Home and either off load two for pick up or ferry them over. Let me know.

OBTW; this assumes I have a PLANE!! It's supposed to get over to GAMI today and be test flown tomorrow. If all goes well, I'll have the A-36 for the first time since December 1!!

Best,

Dave

lancefisher said:
At first I was thinking of Bill Suffa, but AFaIK he's not coming this year, at least I haven't seen any posts by him WRT this weekend.
Bill says it doesn't look like he'll make it this year.

alaskaflyer said:
Gosh, I'm jealous. I wish I could come :(

Don't you start now. That's my schtich!

Oh yeah, moderators you know what to do.......

Dave Siciliano said:
I think we'd have room for him if he could get up here.

Brandon Masso is coming up with me; he's 14 and a great kid. Spike Cutler is worried about the prop on his plane; may or may not be ready and he would ride with us as a back up. Bill Suffa said he's booked something else, but there's a possiblity of Saturday--he's going to let me know. We could still probably carry him. If I get a full load, I'd just land at Mountain Home and either off load two for pick up or ferry them over. Let me know.

OBTW; this assumes I have a PLANE!! It's supposed to get over to GAMI today and be test flown tomorrow. If all goes well, I'll have the A-36 for the first time since December 1!!

Best,

Dave

I talked to Joe (the B-I-L) today and he's interested. He said he'd think about it and call back tomorrow. I think you'd like him, I think he was a crew chief (helicopter maintenance) in the army.

Diana:

I will be bringing 2 friends other than myself for fri, sat, and sun. I had planned on providing for their expense on this trip, will Gason's provide seperate checks For these meals or do we or do I pay you.

Scott

redcloud said:
Diana:Gason's provide seperate checks For these meals or do we or do I pay you.

Scott

Actually Scott, I'll be in there Saturday to collect for the group--just bring cash in large bills and I'll bring change :goofy:

Dave

lancefisher said:
I talked to Joe (the B-I-L) today and he's interested. He said he'd think about it and call back tomorrow. I think you'd like him, I think he was a crew chief (helicopter maintenance) in the army.

Let me know! I should know the status of my plane today or tomorrow. Sounds like a neat guy!

Dave

All served with Hemlock.

:D

redcloud said:
Diana:

I will be bringing 2 friends other than myself for fri, sat, and sun. I had planned on providing for their expense on this trip, will Gason's provide separate checks For these meals or do we or do I pay you.

Scott
Scott, thanks for the update, I appreciate getting the numbers from folks so that I can figure out how many rooms we need for the three meals.

Gaston's will provide separate checks with each meal.

I'm having lasagna and garlic bread in my room friday night. got an extra 'zag in the freezer, I'll toss it in the back of the plane in an insulated carrier, and it should be just about ready to go in the oven after I land. Fishing gear is put together, and I'll be eating fish for lunch on Saturday and possibly dinner on Sunday.

Back