White Chocolate
Need a bed / floor space?

Have an extra bed / floor space?

Post it here.

N2212R said:
Need a bed / floor space?

Have an extra bed / floor space?

Post it here.

Ed, I'm glad you posted this; I was thinking of doing that myself.

I think I have exceeded redline on how many people I have offered to let stay with us. ;)

Here's what I just posted in response to Greg in another thread for those of you who can't find anyone to share a room/cabin with:

I just called Gaston's for an update on rooms. They have 7 small motel rooms available (2 double beds) and 4 duplex style single cottages that have 2 double beds. The other cabins/cottages with separate bedrooms are booked. Two of the remaining motel rooms have a river view, and the duplex cottages all have a river view.

Their number is 870-431-5202

If we do this next year, maybe we should just reserve a block of rooms and some cottages, let them know a big group is coming, and they'll probably give us a special rate on the whole deal -- like when you go to conferences at hotels. We could probably work out something with meals to go with it, too.

Just looking ahead. I can see this getting complicated by the time we get to the third annual.

Toby said:
If we do this next year, maybe we should just reserve a block of rooms and some cottages, let them know a big group is coming, and they'll probably give us a special rate on the whole deal -- like when you go to conferences at hotels. We could probably work out something with meals to go with it, too.

Just looking ahead. I can see this getting complicated by the time we get to the third annual.

Aaaaccckkk. Rules, guidelines, organization!

What next? Officers? Meetings? OH NO :hairraise:

(just kidding) ((not really)) ;)

Carol said:
Aaaaccckkk. Rules, guidelines, organization!

What next? Officers? Meetings? OH NO :hairraise:

(just kidding) ((not really)) ;)
No, no, I didn't mean to have rules. I only meant to block off a number of rooms that wouldn't be taken by other guests until a certain cutoff date, the way conferences are set up. A package deal where you might get a meal or two and a room at a reduced rate doesn't sound bad to me. Right now we have people who are going to have to sleep on the floor!

Speaking of sleeping on the floor. That's all I want for space. I'll be stopping there from my trip out west, and I'm going to have a sleeping bag and rolled up egshell mattress anyway.

Toby said:

They still have the large conference lodge availabe with several bedrooms.

Funny, as I was typing this the song on the radio was going:

"I Don't Want To Work........
I Just Want To Bang On The Drum All Day"

Inserting my words for the Gaston's weekend:

"I Don't Want To Cook........
I Just Want To Fly All Around All Day"

:)

Toby said:
No, no, I didn't mean to have rules. I only meant to block off a number of rooms that wouldn't be taken by other guests until a certain cutoff date, the way conferences are set up. A package deal where you might get a meal or two and a room at a reduced rate doesn't sound bad to me. Right now we have people who are going to have to sleep on the floor!

I gnu what you meant ;)

If we run out of room I may be able to get a Condo in Branson for us to use. Some friends have on at the Falls and I could most likely arange transportation to and from PLK.

Diana said:
Does everybody have a place to stay now?

I haven't secured a Friday night place yet, depends on weather and such for Friday afternoon vs. Saturday mid-day arrival. Bah, I'll survive! Worse comes to worse, my lightweight tent, bag, therma-rest, and groundcloth weight about 6lbs packed in a 55l dry bag, which will be thrown in the back of the Archer.

If a tent sprung up somewhere after everyone went to bed, and disappeared at the crack of dawn, would it make a noise?

Bill Jennings said:
I haven't secured a Friday night place yet, depends on weather and such for Friday afternoon vs. Saturday mid-day arrival. Bah, I'll survive! Worse comes to worse, my lightweight tent, bag, therma-rest, and groundcloth weight about 6lbs packed in a 55l dry bag, which will be thrown in the back of the Archer.

If a tent sprung up somewhere after everyone went to bed, and disappeared at the crack of dawn, would it make a noise?
Bill, our couch just became available for Friday night. It's yours if you want. Or we could get a cot.

Diana said:
Bill, our couch just became available for Friday night. It's yours if you want. Or we could get a cot.

Ok, I'll take the couch, provied I get in Friday (sure hope so, I can't wait to meet you all, this is going to be FUN!).

Back