Gaston's Fuel Discount Price Thread

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
OK, the fuel discounts are starting to trickle in. I'll keep a table in this first post that has the airport, 100LL price, discount amount (off the retail price) and date of last check.
[ROW][CELL] AIRPORT [/CELL][CELL] 100LL $/gallon [/CELL][CELL] Discount [/CELL][CELL] Last confirmed [/CELL][/ROW]
[ROW][CELL] KPLK - Taney County[/CELL][CELL]$4.15[/CELL][CELL]5% off to Poker Run participants picking up a card[/CELL][CELL]20 May 2009[/CELL][/ROW][ROW][CELL] KBPK - Mountain Home - Ozark Regional[/CELL][CELL]$3.98 - price WITH discount (8 June)[/CELL][CELL]$0.45/gallon discount; FREE lunch (see thread)[/CELL][CELL]8 June 2009[/CELL][/ROW][ROW][CELL] KUNO - West Plains Municipal[/CELL][CELL]$4.33 (5 June)[/CELL][CELL]$0.10/gallon discount[/CELL][CELL]5 June 2009[/CELL][/ROW]

Last edited:
KBBG is $4.24 and have landing fees.

$13 landing fee for single, plus $20 handling fee, waived with purchase of 20 gallons. $32.50 landing fee for light twin, plus $35 handling fee, waived with purchase of 50 gallons

Airnav reports $3.25 at BPK.

For anyone coming in from the NE, H88 is $3.00/gallon reported May 17th.

If you are coming from the west-north west, KHFJ, formerly M58 (Monett, MO) is $3.40.

Got this from one of the Poker Run airport managers today:

We here at Mountain Home Flight Service located at Ozark Regional Airport (BPK) would like to offer your group a .45 cent a gallon discount on your fuel. We also offer our Customer pilots a $1.00 lunch [EDIT: Now FREE lunch as of 8 June] consisting of Hamburger, Chips and soda.

We look forward to seeing your group and taking care of them. If there is anything else we can do, just let us know.

Sincerely,

Danny Thurman
Manager, Mountain Home Flight Service
870-481-5966
mtnhomefs@suddenlinkmail.com

Last edited:
Nice! I like trading with them, because they have the City undercutting them on fuel pricing...

Nice! I like trading with them, because they have the City undercutting them on fuel pricing...

Danny also makes us welcome in the FBO with all the facilities they have.

BTW, the A&P next door is a good guy, too. He adjusted my door for no charge, although I threw him a bill.

KRUE (Russellville, AR) is about 75 SSW from Gaston's. Stop and check out our new Terminal Building if we aren't too far out of your way. We've been in it about 2 weeks. Grand Opening is 24 June in conjunction with the "Air Race Classic womens air race. Present fuel price is $3.64. Had to change it on 5 June. Now $3.87

Graueradler

Last edited:
BTW, the A&P next door is a good guy, too. He adjusted my door for no charge, although I threw him a bill.
Yes, he is. He came out to Gaston's on a Saturday at 8am to install a new fuel pump for me.

-Felix

Hell's bells, we were a regular business boom for the guy...

2 questions

1) Is RUE self-serve at the pump?

2) What are the hours on Sunday?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.

KRUE (Russellville, AR) is about 75 SSW from Gaston's. Stop and check out our new Terminal Building if we aren't too far out of your way. We've been in it about 2 weeks. Grand Opening is 24 June in conjunction with the "Air Race Classic womens air race. Present fuel price is $3.64.

Graueradler

2 questions

1) Is RUE self-serve at the pump?

2) What are the hours on Sunday?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.

RUE is Full Service from the truck.

Now (6/9) at $3.87

We are open from 08:00 until 19:00 Saturdays and Sundays, 07:00 until 19:00 on weekdays.

Last edited:
Yes, he is. He came out to Gaston's on a Saturday at 8am to install a new fuel pump for me.

-Felix

He also told Phil how to fix the prop he bent...:frown2:

I got a new prop when I got home...:yes:

'cept the mechanic doesn't work for Danny. Danny just sends us over to him.

Felix, you know his name?
No, I can't remember....hopefully we won't need him this year!

But it might be worth mentioning to him that we are coming. Just in case....

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I can't remember....hopefully we won't need him this year!

But it might be worth mentioning to him that we are coming. Just in case....
Yeah, make sure he doesn't choose that weekend to take vacation, because then you know we'd need him! :D

Yeah, make sure he doesn't choose that weekend to take vacation, because then you know we'd need him! :D

I will have a mechanic with me! Should we bring tools? :D

Ha... Well let's hope no one needs his expertise.

Too bad I can't bring a truckload of $2.99 avgas from my hometown.

Mike - thanks for fixing my post there; that's awfully nice of you. We need a iPhone-fix fix for POA!

looks like Flippin is 3.50.

Last edited:
Got a call from KUNO's GM today; added his current Credit Card price and discount to the first post; if his price changes (up or down) between now and Gastons, he'll still be offering the 10-cent/gallon discount, regardless, to anybody identifying themselves as part of the Gaston's Poker Run.

Just got an update from Danny Thurman and Lori Benedict at Mountain Home. $3.98 is our price, all taxes and 45 cent discount included. Also, a FREE lunch--freshly grilled on the spot hamburger, chips and a soda for all Poker Run participants.

If the first pilots to pick up cards can report in with the airport and PIREP, that'd be great--the cards were available for pickup as of yesterday, and I know Chip got his early last year and made a PIREP. You need at least TWO cards from TWO different airports to play the game, but can get up to FIVE cards from FIVE different airports to improve your odds of a good hand--effort matches reward.

mikea said:

sba55 said:
-Felix

Danny at Mountain Home provided his info, in case we need him again:

"Mechanics name is Les Ives and his number is 870-481-5456."

Back