Gaston's Food

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
To avoid making one mega-thread when we already have an entire conference for Gaston's... I'm gonna move the food discussion here.

After last year, we had discussed doing things to avoid spending a fortune eating at Gaston's restaurant every meal, as well as having someone besides Diana coordinate the food so she can spend more time having fun.

Some ideas were tossed around for having different people do different meals, having several different people doing the same meal and splitting into groups, etc.

While I don't have the time to commit to being "THE" coordinator, I will certainly help out and I can coordinate one of the meals. My specialty is grilling stuff, so breakfast is probably not the best meal for me. :no: That, and I can't say I'd be awake to eat breakfast, much less prepare it. :D

Things I can think of right off the bat:

1. Equipment. We'll probably need to rent some tables, warmers, a grill or three. We'll need some folks to bring utensils (big serving spoons, tongs, etc.)
2. Power. For the warmers. IIRC, the outlets out by the runway only operate when the lights are on at night. Mike? Am I right on this?
3. People. One person cannot make a meal of the size necessary to feed that many people, so everyone will need some help. We'll also need people to clean stuff in between meals.

Also, Mike put up a Wiki (kind of like a big web-based chalkboard) for Gaston's at http://www.pilotcast.com/gastons/ so anything you want to post can be posted there too. Kind of easier to keep track of that way rather than with mondo threads here.

flyingcheesehead said:
After last year, we had discussed ..... as well as having someone besides Diana coordinate the food so she can spend more time having fun.
Yay! Thank you for understanding! :blowingkisses:

I'll take care of reservations at the restaurant for Sunday Brunch.

Back