Gaston's Drive In Film Selection

I'll bring "The Magic of Flight" on DVD and 3 or 4 "Sky King" video tapes. I have a bunch of others that I'll pack. Rod Machado?

Let me know if we need a DVD player or VCR.

mikea said:
I'll bring "The Magic of Flight" on DVD and 3 or 4 "Sky King" video tapes. I have a bunch of others that I'll pack. Rod Machado?

Let me know if we need a DVD player or VCR.
Right now, the plan is to rip everything I intend to show to the 'puter, with the added ability to play DVDs on the laptop as well. Of course, if someone brought along their portable DVD player, we'd have redundancy, and that never ever hurts.

I have a set of Virgin Boomtube speakers which, from the description of them on the 'net before purchase seemed the perfect adjunct to the computer, to ensure all could hear, but in reality they fall something short. I am evaluating options for the noisemaking portion of our show, consistent with weight, balance and budget.

Suggestions, as always, are welcomed!

SCCutler said:
Right now, the plan is to rip everything I intend to show to the 'puter, with the added ability to play DVDs on the laptop as well. Of course, if someone brought along their portable DVD player, we'd have redundancy, and that never ever hurts.

I have a set of Virgin Boomtube speakers which, from the description of them on the 'net before purchase seemed the perfect adjunct to the computer, to ensure all could hear, but in reality they fall something short. I am evaluating options for the noisemaking portion of our show, consistent with weight, balance and budget.

Suggestions, as always, are welcomed!

I have a set of Cambridge stereo speakers with subwoofer that were designed to be portable, right down to a case and cigarette lighter power supply. Between the two sets we should have a sound system. ....Now...if I can locate all of the parts.

I am considering getting a real portable PA system at some point but I can't make any guarantees. I wonder if we could rent a set from a local (or local to us) music store.

Remember I have a 235 so I can haul cargo fairly well.

Toby said:
Can we sit in our airplanes, clip little speaker boxes over the windows, and run get Milk Duds between shorts?

Good Idea Toby!!!! Should we sneak anyone in free inside the trunk? ;o)
Tailwinds, Steve.

Back