Gaston's dinner reservations 2009

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Who would like to take over this fun job? I won't be doing it next year, so someone else needs to take care of it. Y'all fight for it amongst yourselves. :D

Well some of us didn't even do the restaurant for dinner this year. Perhaps we want to do it as a cookout?

Well some of us didn't even do the restaurant for dinner this year. Perhaps we want to do it as a cookout?
Well, I should have mentioned that I made reservations for Friday dinner and for Saturday dinner and for Sunday Brunch. By having these reservations made, Gaston's will be able to keep us all together in the same section, they will have a better idea of how much food to have and they plan on staffing for us accordingly. Kevin has our numbers for dinner on Saturday night, but we had over 65 people eat there and we filled up Section A plus two tables on the balcony overlooking Section A. Personally, I don't care where people eat, but it makes it a better experience for all concerned if Gaston's can plan accordingly for these three meals. And those of us eating in the restaurant will get better service and will be able to sit together. :yes:

Well, I should have mentioned that I made reservations for Friday dinner and for Saturday dinner and for Sunday Brunch. By having these reservations made, Gaston's will be able to keep us all together in the same section, they will have a better idea of how much food to have and they plan on staffing for us accordingly. Kevin has our numbers for dinner on Saturday night, but we had over 65 people eat there and we filled up Section A plus two tables on the balcony overlooking Section A. Personally, I don't care where people eat, but it makes it a better experience for all concerned if Gaston's can plan accordingly for these three meals. And those of us eating in the restaurant will get better service and will be able to sit together. :yes:

Sounds like yet another good use for the website.

Its a bit early to commit for me but put me on the list to accept the job Diana - if no one else snaps it up ask me again....late winter?

Sounds like yet another good use for the website.
Yes, it would be good to be able to include Friday night also. One problem is...not everyone used the web site and some people didn't change their numbers when they couldn't make it in.

Its a bit early to commit for me but put me on the list to accept the job Diana - if no one else snaps it up ask me again....late winter?
Sounds good Dave. Somebody else needs to do it. I am definitely not doing it anymore. :no: :no: :no:

Sitting together was fun on Friday night. I think it was also fun to sit with Josh and Susan Saturday night. What a neat couple they are....sitting in small groups allows us to get to know people better. I liked that.

I really appreciated the food on the flight line at lunch, as it helped to make the whole experience less-costly, and more fun, but I still really enjoy the dinners and hope that they continue. I also would have enjoyed the brunch, but you know, shuttle happens.

OBTW, to whom all do I owe the thanks for the Flightline Fine Dine? And are donations being accepted?

Sitting together was fun on Friday night. I think it was also fun to sit with Josh and Susan Saturday night. What a neat couple they are....sitting in small groups allows us to get to know people better. I liked that.
They are neat, aren't they. :yes: And I know what you mean about getting a chance to get to know people better this way. :) Besides it was cooler and less humid in the restaurant.

And Mike, this would not be a good time to call me a "Princess" again. :no: ;) Dang, Kim, I wish we had that special smilie here that you have on your purple board.

but I still really enjoy the dinners and hope that they continue.
Does that mean that you will volunteer if Dave can't do it?

OBTW, to whom all do I owe the thanks for the Flightline Fine Dine? And are donations being accepted?
I asked where the coffee can for donations was located but no one seemed to know. :dunno:

They are neat, aren't they. :yes: And I know what you mean about getting a chance to get to know people better this way. :) Besides it was cooler and less humid in the restaurant.

And Mike, this would not be a good time to call me a "Princess" again. :no: ;) Dang, Kim, I wish we had that special smilie here that you have on your purple board.

Which one???? The one with the whip???? B)

I asked where the coffee can for donations was located but no one seemed to know. :dunno:
Many of us handled it by donating foodstuffs. (I started to list off some, but realized that I wasn't coming close to incorporating everybody, and erased it).

I know that I felt rewarded just by everybody enjoying themselves and having a good time!:yes:

Sounds good Dave. Somebody else needs to do it. I am definitely not doing it anymore. :no: :no: :no:
This is just one last reminder. I realize that I'm mostly talking to myself here (not an usual thing for me:D ), but someone else needs to eventually step up to do it for next year if y'all want things to go fairly smoothly with the restaurant for the large group meals.

And that's all I have to say about that. ;)

I will do it Diana. If I can't come, I will nominate Spike.

What other tasks do you need help with Diana?

This is just one last reminder. I realize that I'm mostly talking to myself here (not an usual thing for me:D ), but someone else needs to eventually step up to do it for next year if y'all want things to go fairly smoothly with the restaurant for the large group meals.

And that's all I have to say about that. ;)

We could put a white board/sign up sheet out on the picnic tables.

And Mike, this would not be a good time to call me a "Princess" again. :no: ;) ...
Moi? I don't remember that unless it was a lame lead balloon joke when you went inside Friday night. I remember saying everybody wanted to be near your loveliness. :D

Back