Gaston's cottage numbers

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
It looks like we're in cottage #66 (it's so nice to have a deck) again this year.

I asked them today if they had any rooms/cottages left and they said they still have a few motel-style rooms in the two-story building that haven't been booked yet. Otherwise, the place is booked.

Sue and I are in #27.

I think I still have a key to #7 somewhere at home.

We're in cabin 77 (last one on the end??).

I'm waiting for a call back from Gastons... Lori at KBPK says that Gastons told HER that there is also a Yak convention at Gastons the weekend of the 6th. If that's the case, we may have tight parking... I'll see if I can confirm it and also find out how many Yaks they are expecting.

Watch out for Yak droppings...

I am in one of the low ones, 2, 3,4, something like that.

I'm waiting for a call back from Gastons... Lori at KBPK says that Gastons told HER that there is also a Yak convention at Gastons the weekend of the 6th. If that's the case, we may have tight parking... I'll see if I can confirm it and also find out how many Yaks they are expecting.

My CJ friend is the one who usually organizes the Yak fly-in at Gaston's. Last year they had it a weekend or so before ours and Terry left us their food and beverages for our fly-in. Terry also attended our fly-in flying his Bo. I have a call in to him to check on the dates, but his secretary thought it was the weekend before ours again. Terry can give me an accurate date and Yak count when he calls me back.

My CJ friend is the one who usually organizes the Yak fly-in at Gaston's. Last year they had it a weekend or so before ours and Terry left us their food and beverages for our fly-in. Terry also attended our fly-in flying his Bo. I have a call in to him to check on the dates, but his secretary thought it was the weekend before ours again. Terry can give me an accurate date and Yak count when he calls me back.

That's great, Diana, because I forgot to ask the lady at Gaston's about it when she called me back about my cottage! :)

We're in cabin 77 (last one on the end??).

OK, Troy she had her dates wrong. I just talked with Terry Calloway who is in charge of the Yak fly-in at Gaston's and it will be from May 29th through June 1st. They will have 10 Yaks/CJs at the most and hopefully no crashes this year.

"Any more Gaston's rumors in the area please advise."

my confirmation doesn't have a cottage number on it. and i know i made a reservation for the 3rd cottage from the restaurant....don't know the number. :dunno: guess i'll have to call.

my confirmation doesn't have a cottage number on it. and i know i made a reservation for the 3rd cottage from the restaurant....don't know the number. :dunno: guess i'll have to call.

excellent, not far to walk!

excellent, not far to walk!

1st year i attended, i had the 1st cottage. but last year, grant beat me to it, so i had the second cottage. then this year, the first 2 were already taken. what's up with that!!!!

guess i'll have to reserve next year before i leave. :yes:

guess i'll have to reserve next year before i leave. :yes:

Poker Run winners, most-ride-givers, and cookie bake-off winners will receive sealed envelopes with advance notice of next year's dates. Diana told me so... ;)

Poker Run winners, most-ride-givers, and cookie bake-off winners will receive sealed envelopes with advance notice of next year's dates. Diana told me so... ;)

"Any more Gaston's rumors in the area please advise." ;)

It looks like we're in cottage #66 (it's so nice to have a deck) again this year.

I asked them today if they had any rooms/cottages left and they said they still have a few motel-style rooms in the two-story building that haven't been booked yet. Otherwise, the place is booked.

Do they allow pets in the motel-style rooms? I'll call.

#17 for me, will be there Friday afternoon. I'll tell you after today's flight I know the Cherokee can haul stuff!!!

I had the cargo compartment full, back seat to the roof and stuff in the pax seat next to me. I actually could have taken more weight but was out of physical space in the airplane!

#17 for me, will be there Friday afternoon. I'll tell you after today's flight I know the Cherokee can haul stuff!!!

I had the cargo compartment full, back seat to the roof and stuff in the pax seat next to me. I actually could have taken more weight but was out of physical space in the airplane!

Wot?

That was in 2006 when I brought only 2 chairs. In 2007 it was 4 and 2 tables...oh, and a recording studio.

We could get a Cherokee 6 and bring a dance hall or something.

Attachments

• 235 hauler IMG_0337 1024x768.jpg
    235 hauler IMG_0337 1024x768.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Leslie and Grant Prellwitz, Pete von Tresckow, and Ted DuPuis are all in Cottage #67. We have a deck there! We can call across to Diana's deck, right next door!

Leslie and Grant Prellwitz, Pete von Tresckow, and Ted DuPuis are all in Cottage #67. We have a deck there! We can call across to Diana's deck, right next door!
Cool! :yes: We're neighbors!

Watch out for that short cut!!!

Looks like the the Wilco Films headquarters will be in Cabin #76.

-Will

All Flying Fisch's will be in Cabin #16 (I don't have a CLUE where that is! But it sounds in the middle-ish somewhere)

The Pardon's and Lutian's are in cabin 71.....hopefully that's the rowdy end.....:cheerswine:

I think my wife and I are in #18. It's only us two so there probably is room for more people if need be. I usually carry sleeping bags in the plane as a "just in case" so we can share those as well.

We are planning to leave Fri morning and depending on weather, will be there in the early afternoon.

Allan

What do the deluxe cabins (with kitchens) have in the way of utensils/dishes/pans if anything?

What do the deluxe cabins (with kitchens) have in the way of utensils/dishes/pans if anything?

Basic stuff, sufficient to cook. Microwave too.

When I called a few days ago, there was only one room left. Isn't that what hotel clerks always tell you? Anyway, I took it.
The weather here today is tempestous. If it is this bad on Saturday, I may be negotiating to get out of my no-refund deposit or trying to parlay my reservation.:redface:
ApacheBob

Back