Gaston's confirmation / reservation.

Are you set?

• Total voters
Being that we're committed I'll apologize now for bringing the 4 straight days of 0-0 weather. :rolleyes:

I plan to make reservations. My schedule can get chaotic and I may have to cancel but I will plan to attend and hope nothing changes my plans.

Last edited:
I am really booked up in June. likely be traveling to tell the truth, but if it's a weekend I'm home I'll try to make it.

Poll needs another response - "I intend to come (at least one day) and don't need reservations (local)"

I'm not sure if I'll make it or not. I'm thinking of trying to combine the trip to G's with a trip to visit my sister at Tallgrass Prairie, KS. No reservations. Would be looking to crash on someone's floor probably. I'd be flying commercial to someplace like Kansas City probably.

Is anybody flying from someplace like Kansas City and have a free seat?
Or, alternatively, anyone know of a good FBO to rent from near Kansas City?

This is all still extremely hypothetical.

--Kath

I will be there,

Planning on heading down on Saturday and if we don't stay, I will come back up Sunday morning. Maybe fly the 182 in one day and my Cherokee the other.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

N2212R said:
Who's set?

I guess I should ask you.... so am I set? Did we make it official? Oh, and there may be a slight, slight chance that I may not need a ride.... hum, looks like a good plane.

:goofy: Missa

Last edited:
reservation made - June 9, 10 and 11. #75

Update from the desk:
7 2 bedroom 2 bath with decks available
5 2 bedroom 2 bath without decks available.

No way to change my poll answer tho, eh?

Reserved, lookin' forward to it. Friday and Saturday nights (I am not missing dinner Friday night- be there or be talked about).

Spike, I'm sure that will cut out a lot of the conversation on that night. I don't think we will be able to make it this year. Essie has a ailing brother that is going to take priority. I will really miss all of you I enjoyed every minute of my visit to Gastons last summer.:(

Well,

Just got an email from Grandpa and we have a cabin for saturday night.

I'll get around to getting the web site back up pretty soon. Folks can keep their plans updated there.

Chip

We gonna need name tags.

I'll volunteer to print 'em up.

I just made my reservations for Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Just in case!). See you all there! :yes: It's going to be a long flight from Westchester, New York but I'm sure it's going to be worth it.

I work weekends, but may try to drive in one day or two. The kids would love to see the planes, if that is okay to bring kids.

Dustin said:
I work weekends, but may try to drive in one day or two. The kids would love to see the planes, if that is okay to bring kids.
Kids are more than welcome! We need all the help we can get to pick up airplane parts from the lousy landings.

Ken Ibold said:
Kids are more than welcome! We need all the help we can get to pick up airplane parts from the lousy landings.

That they would get a kick out of. They would be that much closer to the action! The youngest loves the color green and wants to buy and fly every green plane he sees. Sigh.

I dont know where to put my vote , I'll be there, staying with Ed G.in his room Dave G.

If anyone has some space to share, I could use it! I'm sure gonna try and be there!

Dustin said:
That they would get a kick out of. They would be that much closer to the action! The youngest loves the color green and wants to buy and fly every green plane he sees. Sigh.

Better make sure he's on a leash when Ed Guthrie leaves in his nice green Mooney. :yes:

Dustin said:

How old? My boy, Tomster, is ten (11 by June), and he'd love to hear there will be other kids there (he was smitten by Steve's daughter Kathleen, but she's way out of his league, age-wise!).

SCCutler said:
How old? My boy, Tomster, is ten (11 by June), and he'd love to hear there will be other kids there (he was smitten by Steve's daughter Kathleen, but she's way out of his league, age-wise!).
My 11 year old son (almost 12 by June) will probably be there.

Im trying to talk my daughter into coming. (17 by june..ACK) but that would mean installing a dvd player in the back seat and tons of jessica simpson videos. (or whoever the flavor of that week will be).

Michael said:
Im trying to talk my daughter into coming. (17 by june..ACK) but that would mean installing a dvd player in the back seat and tons of jessica simpson videos. (or whoever the flavor of that week will be).

Wow.....you're a stronger man than I. I could not put up with 6+ hours of Jessica Simpson.

*shudders*

SkyHog said:
Wow.....you're a stronger man than I. I could not put up with 6+ hours of Jessica Simpson.

*shudders*

two words nick. ISO Switch.

Plans are for Kathleen to make a return to Gaston's in '06. She'll be 16. Cheryl hopes to come along, too, if her work schedule at college permits.

SCCutler said:

flyingcheesehead said:
Better make sure he's on a leash when Ed Guthrie leaves in his nice green Mooney. :yes:

That I would make sure of. Ed would be well advised to check his baggage compartment for a kid on a leash. :rofl:

SCCutler said:

By that date they will be 7, 6, and 4.

Last edited:
Michael said:

Michael (and other parents of teenagers), please let me know how it goes as the date draws closer. I have a son (16) and a daughter (19) that I would like to talk into coming along. I suspect knowing that there will be like minded/aged participants might help persuade them to go along.

I might have a 6 year old coming with me.

Back