Gastons - Bow Out

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Sorry folks, but the mooney and I wont be making the trip this year to Gastons. I've met most of yall already and we all know my plane is faster than yours, so whats the point :)
Actually, Work has gotten to be too busy for me to take that much time off this year. I am going to be making a guest apearance at the Wings BBQ later this month, so I hope to see some of you there.
Sorry Diana. Maybe next year.
Bob, make sure to film all takeoffs this year, I wanna see them!

Will the Mooney be coming to Wings with you? I wouldn't mind crawling around in it to see just what "cramped" means when people claim that Mooneys are cramped, compared to my luxuriously-sized but speed-impaired Sundowner. Plus, my 2 yr old loves "up and down tail Mooney airplane." Her words, not mine....

Andrew there is a plane like Michaels at Wings. I'll show it to you at the FlyBQ

AdamZ said:
Andrew there is a plane like Michaels at Wings. I'll show it to you at the FlyBQ
Is that the one you are looking at getting into Adam? Can we fly it?

It was the one I was looking at Michael but the owner seemed to have disappeared. Have not heard boo from him.

AdamZ said:
It was the one I was looking at Michael but the owner seemed to have disappeared. Have not heard boo from him.
That bites Adam. I'll bring my keys just in case they fit his ignition.

Michael said:
Sorry folks, but the mooney and I wont be making the trip this year to Gastons. Sorry Diana. Maybe next year.
Michael, I'm sorry that you aren't coming. :(

Are you flying the Mooney to KLOM? If so, stop by and visit and stay a spell. :)

Michael said:
That bites Adam. I'll bring my keys just in case they fit his ignition.
Sorry we won't get to see you, Mike.

Having just returned from OKC (very nice day spent with Director of Certification in an AOPA capacity) I am happy to report that Pittburg KS is a wonderful GA location. To Jim Belew, thanks for hosting a what was just to be a fuel stop, it's very sweet to see you smile again (flying!) and I'm sorry there wasn't more notice (e.g, missed Rudy).

The plane's in the shop again. Left engine #5 exhaust valve stuck open on the way home.....

Sigh.

That's too bad Michael. I hope I can make it. We'll see.

If I do I want to fly down using nothing but my eyes and a sectional (Well...Several sectionals). No GPS, No VOR, No ADF.

jangell said:

If I do I want to fly down using nothing but my eyes and a sectional (Well...Several sectionals). No GPS, No VOR, No ADF.
Jesse, better than that. Just you, an AF/D and a Rand McNally.

jangell said:

Its amazing how fast we can loose our abillity to find an airport when our GPS goes out. Last week I flew in LA. I was only using my charts. I made it close to the airport, but couldnt find it for the life of me. Just as I called the tower to ask for a little help i saw it right in front of me 2 miles.

Richard said:
Jesse, better than that. Just you, an AF/D and a Rand McNally.

blimpmap.jpg

bbchien said:
I am happy to report that Pittburg KS is a wonderful GA location.
It's a nice airport. Tom does most of his flight instruction at PTS. :)

bbchien said:
The plane's in the shop again. Left engine #5 exhaust valve stuck open on the way home.....
Sorry to hear that Bruce. It might have made it harder to take off at Twin Oaks? Probably a good thing we aren't home, although it would have been nice to have you fly in. :)

BTW, they sure throw fun weddings here in Milwaukee. :yes: We danced until midnight.

Diana said:
Sorry to hear that Bruce. It might have made it harder to take off at Twin Oaks? Probably a good thing we aren't home, although it would have been nice to have you fly in. :)
Yesterday:

Attachments

• OKC04.06.06b.JPG
    OKC04.06.06b.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 46
Re: Ice

Mike Schneider said:
I see ice. -- Mike

...and I see boots.

Which is nice.

When there's ice.

Diana said:
BTW, they sure throw fun weddings here in Milwaukee. :yes: We danced until midnight.

:goofy:

Ah, Milwaukee. I kinda miss it. Last wedding I went to there, there was a half-barrel in the receiving line. :cheers:

Back