Gaston's attendees remove clothes - pics!

Well Crap. I thought I was in the clear, but I found 2 on my ankle yesterday afternoon. Those damn things are tiny though!

Man, I'm itching again just reading this thread! Sorry you all got ticked, but at least misery loves company! All I found on me (a dozen or so) were adult, not the little nymph stage ones, and my reading says that the nymph are the biggest cause of Lyme disease (if infected) as they're harder to detect and stay attached longer before detection than the adults. I finished my doxycycline yesterday - no bull's eye rashes, and blood tests came back negative - doc recommended to finish the meds as a precaution.

I agree that using the bug spray would have been a good idea, but I just didn't think about it.

Hope everyone gets de-bugged and ticked off! :)

I used DEET (at night) on my arms, head and neck and had my legs covered.
Somehow the skeeters still got to me on my legs. Maybe it was bedbugs. :D

Pancho was just scratching. :hairraise: I had thoughts of whether we brought some flora and fauna home. I'll count on my resident spiders to get 'em. ;)

Pancho was wheezing a bit last night.

Her eyes were bloodshot again early this morning.

She hasn't gotten up for breakfast yet, and it's 12:30 PM!

I checked on her - seriously wondering if I'd find her dead - and she's snoring away.

Oh! THERE SHE IS! :yes:

I think she didn't sleep so well due to apnea again. She was sleeping better just now, but she's still wheezing.

I think I'll start her on Benadryl again.

Poor old lady.

I had one (1) tick. Won't say where it was...

i had chiggers at my sock line, but no ticks....in case anyone was wondering...

The rules clearly state we can talk about infestations....except ones in the nether-regions! Definitely no personal pictures!

Oh, and in my continuing efforts to aid humanity in times of national public health crises, I will, next year, be offering my not-considerable medical skills to assist those in need....by helping to inspect others for ticks. In order to avoid an undue logistical burden of large numbers of patients...I shall have to confine my offer to those females ages 18 to 35. Spike has offered to assist the remainder. I think he said he has a special comb for men with furry backs.

Last edited:
Watch it, Dave-

Paybacks are a beeotch!

Hey, watch it guys! The only board-certified here to check the 16-21 bunch is me. Did you forget my name: TeenDoc? :yes: :D:D:D

Oh, and in my continuing efforts to aid humanity in times of national public health crises, I will, next year, be offering my not-considerable medical skills to assist those in need....by helping to inspect others for ticks. In order to avoid an undue logistical burden of large numbers of patients...I shall have to confine my offer to those females ages 18 to 35. Spike has offered to assist the remainder. I think he said he has a special comb for men with furry backs.

You're a true gentleman Dave.:D

"Would the boys from Texas please report to the principal's office." ;)

Back