Gastons Alternates

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Which alternate are people using for Gastons? BPK or FLP ?

Last year everyone used BPK and were all satisfied. I plan to use BPK again this year.

BPK works well. Call on the Unicom/CTAF before arrival, and they'll call Gastons' for the van.

Michael said:
Which alternate are people using for Gastons? BPK or FLP ?

Michael, when I learned that you planned to arrive Friday I designated you as the official Mooney test sled. I do not like reading a post where you discuss alternates. I fully intend a low pass inspection upon my arrival at Gaston's, said low pass to inspect your aircraft (resting on gear or propped up on blocks), not the runway surface.

Enough of this alternate stuff from you.;)

Ed Guthrie said:
Michael, when I learned that you planned to arrive Friday I designated you as the official Mooney test sled. I do not like reading a post where you discuss alternates. I fully intend a low pass inspection upon my arrival at Gaston's, said low pass to inspect your aircraft (resting on gear or propped up on blocks), not the runway surface.

Enough of this alternate stuff from you.;)

haha Ed.
Actually, I need to goto the alternate to drop off some weight. err passengers. Then I will fly the mooney into Gastons after a visual inspection of the runway. If i can setup internet access, I will post the runway conditions as soon as able.

Michael said:
haha Ed.
Actually, I need to goto the alternate to drop off some weight. err passengers. Then I will fly the mooney into Gastons after a visual inspection of the runway. If i can setup internet access, I will post the runway conditions as soon as able.

All kidding aside, a Mooney-centric runway report would be greatly appreciated.

Not suggesting you should try it, mind you, but you probably don't need to drop the passengers unless the screaming will distract you. FWIW, YMMV, choose according to your comfort, not mine, but I've gone in/out of ~ 2600' of turf in North Carolina, field elevation 1135', very hot summer mid-afternoon, fueled to 50 gallons and hauling one FAA full sized adult passenger. That put me at ~700# load out of 965# useful. I was off in ~2/3 of the runway length using a yoke immediately full aft, load the wing as soon as possible technique (the runway surface was fairly poor).

Back