Gaston's aerobatic area, window sign and water on the flight line

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Here is a map (that I borrowed from Chip from last year) of where I will be doing aerobatics near Gaston’s…just so folks will know where we are. It is about eight miles northwest of Gaston’s and pretty much out of the way of most traffic. I’ll be monitoring Gaston’s frequency of 122.8 when over that private airstrip doing aerobatics.

Don’t forget that you can create a window sign for your airplane on Chip’s Gaston’s web site.

It looks like Barb and Carol won’t be coming this year so Tom and I can’t bring much with us in the Citabria (like extra bottles of water). Dean is willing to bring extra water bottles to keep out at the flight line for us (as opposed to us buying them at the gift shop at Gaston’s). I told Dean that those who partake of the water would pay him accordingly. Gaston’s has offered to bring ice out to the flight line like they did last year to cool things off. I’ll visit with them more when I fly down there this coming Tuesday.

Attachments

• gastons_acro.JPG
    gastons_acro.JPG
    338.8 KB · Views: 103
We should be able to bring a case of water in the cooler. I'll put it in the freezer the night before so it's nice and cold. Of course, we'll also have fixins for margaritas in there!

At the Hondo, TX fly-in last weekend a flock of Rans Coyotes (maybe that should be "a pack") arrived late on Friday. Before I could get them all registered planeside for aircraft camping the "alpha dog" was passing out orange margaritas! Definitely party animals...:p

We should be able to bring a case of water in the cooler. I'll put it in the freezer the night before so it's nice and cold. Of course, we'll also have fixins for margaritas in there!

Re: Gaston's aerobatic area

Here is a map (that I borrowed from Chip from last year) of where I will be doing aerobatics near Gaston’s…just so folks will know where we are. It is about eight miles northwest of Gaston’s and pretty much out of the way of most traffic. I’ll be monitoring Gaston’s frequency of 122.8 when over that private airstrip doing aerobatics.

FYI...I'll be using that same area again.

If we can make a trip to the store like we did last year I am willing to buy a few cases of water for everyone to share.

If we can make a trip to the store like we did last year I am willing to buy a few cases of water for everyone to share.
Brook, that would be great. :) Matt from Arkansas plans to bring some too.

We'll bring 10 cases of water and such along, too. Lots of space here...anything else we need?

-Felix

Felix....wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy water at the grocery store near Gaston's? I mean 10 cases of water is uh heavy.

Felix....wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy water at the grocery store near Gaston's? I mean 10 cases of water is uh heavy.

Call me wack, maybe someone just brings a big Igloo water jug and some cups, Gaston's provides ice gratis, and we avoid adding 300 bottles to the landfills. Just a thought.

Call me wack,
I have nicer names that I call you Spike. :yes:

maybe someone just brings a big Igloo water jug and some cups, Gaston's provides ice gratis, and we avoid adding 300 bottles to the landfills. Just a thought.
Well, I prefer bottled water...it's easier for me to carry around the flight line and drink sitting under the wing while prepping for the next flight. Seems like every year I get dehydrated giving rides all day long.

I'll be bringing a large (5 gal?) water cooler - for refilling those bottles, if folks so desire...

I have nicer names that I call you Spike. :yes:

Well, I prefer bottled water...it's easier for me to carry around the flight line and drink sitting under the wing while prepping for the next flight. Seems like every year I get dehydrated giving rides all day long.
It's awfully hard to bring up a cup of wate in the plane, unless you're Bob Hoover! And I don't think even he could avoid it spilling on takeoff from a grass strip! :no:

OTOH, having a water REFILL station seems like a great idea! Thanks, Dr. Bill!

I wasn't suggesting water bottles be banned... just that they be used in moderation to avoid needless waste. They *can* be refilled...

I wasn't suggesting water bottles be banned... just that they be used in moderation to avoid needless waste. They *can* be refilled...
Okie dokie.

Oh, btw, I resurrected this old thread because I was too lazy to attach the map again. :redface:

Bill asked me about the window signs and I guess we can't make them this year?

Felix, did you upgrade to a DC-3? I think you're up to 33 passengers and 2 tons of cargo! ;)
Hehe, it really seems that way....

Maybe 10 cases are a bit much....it's mostly because lots of weight in the back gives the plane autoland capability :D

Yes, ok. But we'll have to go grocery shopping before we leave - there's got to be something we can bring that will be useful...

-Felix

What is the deal with window signs, are they a required item ? :dunno:
Nope, and they aren't even available anymore. Seeeee, I should have not used this old thread. I'm so clueless sometimes.

It was nice to have them on our airplanes so that people could see who's airplane was who's. :)

I am bringing two Nalgene bottles and my water pump filtration pump. A lot less to carry and I'll end up with clean tasty water.

I will bring some too and leave it. It would be nice if there is left overs for those flying long distances to com (not me).

Bill asked me about the window signs and I guess we can't make them this year?

No one asked for it in any of the threads where I've asked people what they want.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21176

I plan on spending my entire weekend on the website. But I can't build what people don't ask for. The website is designed in a way that scales for each year AND can be used for other fly-ins (like the Fly-B-Q). The flexibility has increased development time and the best features can't even be used until after the fly-in (like streaming video and photo galleries. anyone will be able to upload their own video).

Sorry--I just keep noticing people mention features like I can't build them and they never ask for them in the threads where I ask people what they want. I just get a little touchy after spending over a hundred hours on it. :)

Last edited:
Nope, and they aren't even available anymore. Seeeee, I should have not used this old thread. I'm so clueless sometimes.

It was nice to have them on our airplanes so that people could see who's airplane was who's. :)

Well I guess that now puts you in charge of determining what signs should look like and how they are to be displayed. :yes:

Hey be thankful I didn't suggest you make them :rofl:

Well I guess that now puts you in charge of determining what signs should look like and how they are to be displayed. :yes:
Well, thanks a bunch! ;) I don't want to be in charge of anything and I'm not going to be involved with Gaston's stuff next year. :no: Somebody else can pick the date for next year and I might show up if it works out. :)

Well, thanks a bunch! ;) I don't want to be in charge of anything and I'm not going to be involved with Gaston's stuff next year. :no: Somebody else can pick the date for next year and I might show up if it works out. :)
Okay. I'll pick the date. Thursday, June 11th - Sunday, June 14th. 1st weekend conflicts with the Clow Cavalcade! :yes::hairraise:

This is the weekend before Father's Day.

I'm not going to be involved with Gaston's stuff next year. :no:

Yeah rightttttttttt like you expext anyone to believe that. I think Gaston has a life of it's own now. All that is needed is a date anfd looks like Grant has already taken care of that.

I just made my 2009 reservations. :rofl:

Back