Gaston's 2009 photos

Thanks Diana...

If anyone is going to send around an email with photos, could you add me to your list? purdue1014@gmail.com....

Thanks!

Thanks Diana...

If anyone is going to send around an email with photos, could you add me to your list?

Sure. :) If you want any of those photos in higher resolution, just let me know and I'll send them to you.

Great pictures Diana but why only pictures of people before the flight? Is that part of the flattering pictures only rule?

Joe

Brent, we will have to find a time without rain and puddles for the Seneca.

I'm not sure if the one of me is flattering or unflattering.
:D I thought you looked buff and smart and had that sly little smile that is so endearing. ;) I almost cropped out the other guys so they wouldn't detract from the photo of you. :smilewinkgrin:

Where are everyone's photos? I see that Mike Newman added some nice ones.

Where are everyone's photos? I see that Mike Newman added some nice ones.
Good point, everyone, please upload your photos! This is the only way we can really keep them together year after year.

You can see the photos for the 2009 fly-in at this link:
http://www.gastonsflyin.com/eventgalleries.php?id=5

I know the website can be somewhat confusing. So if you have any questions just ask me.

Good point, everyone, please upload your photos! This is the only way we can really keep them together year after year.

I know the website can be somewhat confusing. So if you have any questions just ask me.
It's also easier this way if you're on different forums...we have a good central location for them with Jesse's website.

For some reason the photo of the G meter looks blank when I click on it. Is it just my computer? I'm not real bright when it comes to this stuff. :redface:

It's also easier this way if you're on different forums...we have a good central location for them with Jesse's website.

For some reason the photo of the G meter looks blank when I click on it. Is it just my computer? I'm not real bright when it comes to this stuff. :redface:

Weird, something didn't upload right with that photo, could you try it again? You should be able to delete the old one (let me know if you can't).

Weird, something didn't upload right with that photo, could you try it again? You should be able to delete the old one (let me know if you can't).
It deletes OK every time. I tried to upload it with a different name and even moved it and renamed it before uploading it and it still shows a blank...wonder what I'm doing wrong.

BTW, I dont' need to have it on there, so if it doesn't work, that's OK. :yes:

So noted.
Thanks Wayne! :D

Last edited:
E-mail the photo to me Diana and I'll get it on there.

Nice website, I had no probs at all. Great to see everyone having fun.
In the approach video, it would be better to say watch for other traffic, rather than just watch for departing traffic.

Nice website, I had no probs at all. Great to see everyone having fun.
In the approach video, it would be better to say watch for other traffic, rather than just watch for departing traffic.

True, but the way it is set up, it is the departing traffic that is more of an issue. As long as everyone is using the same play book, that is. :D

True, but the way it is set up, it is the departing traffic that is more of an issue. As long as everyone is using the same play book, that is. :D
I wish I could have got that picture of all you departing traffic, when I turned base, behind you during your take-off. It was a neat view.

I wish I could have got that picture of all you departing traffic, when I turned base, behind you during your take-off. It was a neat view.

When you get a gap, you have to shove as many out as possible. LOL

I am not above a semi formation takeoff. LOL

Maybe we need to have 00-14 after the hour be takeoffs, 15-29 be landings, 30-44 be take offs, and 45-59 be landings.

Nah, we just need someone to help out Greg, and be Gaston's flow control :D

Well I meant Steve.... Dunno how anyone would confuse the two of you.

Looks like there are more pictures for 2009 if you look by member--some folks need to go into their 2009 galleries, click "Edit Gallery" and link their gallery with the 2009 fly in using the "Link with Event" drop-down... that way they'll show up on the link Jesse posted.

Spike, you captured the entire essence of Kathleen in picture 26... well done! And your picture 39 of the airfield reflected in Wayne's plane should be submitted for picture of the week somewhere.

My wife suggested we put up a means of voting for favorite pictures... and we use the twelve top-voted pictures to create a calendar for 2010... rinse and repeat next year.

Last edited:
Spike, you captured the entire essence of Kathleen in picture 26... well done!

Troy, Kathleen's gotta be the... what, mascot? She's certainly got the good stuff from her Mama and her Daddy!

And your picture 39 of the airfield reflected in Wayne's plane should be submitted for picture of the week somewhere.

I just thought the effect would work... and it did... and I am thinking of trying an animation...

I absolutely LOVE those pictures of your plane in flight with the clouds!! Who took those and from what platform?
Thanks Troy. I took those photos from our Citabria. That is Bill's Citabria. He has some really nice photos in his gallery of Bruce Dallman's red Citabria as we as were all making our way home as a flight of three. We led the way since we had a Garmin 496.

Great photo's everyone:cheerswine::thumbsup::yesnod::happydance:

It was a pleasure meeting some very nice people this weekend. I look forward to seeing you guys at OSH...

:smile:

Brent

And your picture 39 of the airfield reflected in Wayne's plane should be submitted for picture of the week somewhere.
I agree! :yes:

Did anyone get a chance to visit with the other Citabria guy (red and white Citabria) that came in for just a few hours? I didn't talk with him since I was busy. Tom said that he flew up from Tulsa.

Back