Gaston's 2008 statistics

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Kevin and Bill have been working on gathering numbers for us. They had some at dinner Saturday night, but I forgot what they were. :redface:

How many airplanes were at BPK and how many were parked at Gaston's from our group?

It seems like we had more female pilots attend than ever before. B)

Thanks for starting the thread Diana.

Here's what I was able to count and surmise for the weekend:

Total pilots/guests/friends: 89

Total Planes: 33 (sure seemed like more...)

Total Helicopters: 2

States represented: 19

How about a tally on the miles traveled to and from Gaston's. Mine was 510nm and several folks came a lot farther.

Sure seems like Jesse's website could do this automatically. Would just need everyone to register at the site, then a way to indicate if you actually made it or not!

Sure seems like Jesse's website could do this automatically. Would just need everyone to register at the site, then a way to indicate if you actually made it or not!
Sounds like a good idea Troy. Although, not everyone used that site and they didn't all come to this forum.

OK, here's the list of female pilots so far as my "hereafter" brain can recollect. Are there any that I left out?

Diana
Leslie
Kim
Kaye
Brook
Tristan
Kate
Mary See
Danielle
Sharon Bockelman
Carol Olsen

I wonder how the number of female to male pilots at Gaston's compares to the national average?

kathleen should probably be included. Ive heard she flies better than Steve. :)

The head count indicates ~25% increase in attendees over the previous year's estimate I believe.

most likely. in my experience with flying with ladies, they are usually much better fliers.

Well I dunno about that Tony. The only time I ever flew with a woman pilot was with Diana and the Dang plane ended up upside down:rolleyes:

Well I dunno about that Tony. The only time I ever flew with a woman pilot was with Diana and the Dang plane ended up upside down:rolleyes:
Yeah, but SHE was able to get it right-side-up again! That's got to count for something!:yes::rofl:

It did seem like more, didn't it. Maybe because they were in motion so often. :D

I wonder if we can break them down by type? I get so confused by all the different variations of Barons, etc.

This is what I know for sure:

Citabria 7GCAA
Citabria 7KCAB
Cessna 172 3 (Tom, Gil, Brent)
Cessna 182
Cessna 182RG
Cherokee 180 4 (Jesse, Pete, Kevin, Bill)
Mooney 4 (Lance, Will, Ed, Brent/Bill)
Seneca
Baron 2 (Lance, Larry)
P Baron
Travelair
Cessna 150
Sting Sport
Birddog
Cessna 195
Cessna 210
IAR
Husky
Trinidad
Bellanca Viking
Bonanza 2 (Felix and Spike)

Can you guys fill in the rest for me and/or correct what I have so far?

How many animals?

I know there was Pancho...and yes she should be a honorary female pilot...belonging to Mike :)

Miss Daisy - Dr. Bill and Michelles dog.

Then 2 other small dogs. from Will....Bill and Brent's CFI.

It did seem like more, didn't it. Maybe because they were in motion so often. :D

I wonder if we can break them down by type? I get so confused by all the different variations of Barons, etc.

This is what I know for sure:

Citabria 7GCAA
Citabria 7KCAB
Cessna 150
Cessna 182 (Kent)
Cessna 182RG (Josh)
Cessna 195 (Greg/Sharon)
Cessna 210 (Grant/Leslie)
Seneca (Bruce)
Baron 2 (Lance, Larry)
P Baron (Dave S.)
Travelair
Sting Sport (Larry)
Birddog (Kim/Phil)
IAR (Steve/Mary/Kathleen)
Husky (Chip)
Trinidad (Kaye)
Bellanca Super Viking (Dave T.)
Howard

Can you guys fill in the rest for me and/or correct what I have so far?
I put in my best guesses based on recollection and the gastonsflyin site.

Last edited:
Is the modified Cessna 190 what you're calling the 195? Cause if not, I saw one of those (I never miss a radial) :) I'm not questioning your intelligence as much as I am just curious.

I figure that's what you mean, though, cause I didn't see anything like her (the 192.5 :) ) on the field.

Is the modified Cessna 190 what you're calling the 195? Cause if not, I saw one of those (I never miss a radial) :) I'm not questioning your intelligence as much as I am just curious.

I figure that's what you mean, though, cause I didn't see anything like her (the 192.5 :) ) on the field.

Well, it is a technicality. On paper, it is a 190, but in reality it is a 195. The only difference between the two is the engine. The 190 had a W670 Continental on it and the 195 had various models of the Jacobs engine on it. I bought mine as a 190 and a broken rod prompted the change to a Jacobs engine, effectively making it a 195.

BTW, I think it was Spike that came up with the 192.5 title, although I can't wrap my brain around a justification for it.

How many animals?

I know there was Pancho...and yes she should be a honorary female pilot...belonging to Mike :)

Miss Daisy - Dr. Bill and Michelles dog.

Then 2 other small dogs. from Will....Bill and Brent's CFI.

Yeah, I wish my Shih-Tzu's (Baskin and Casey) were as sociable as Miss Daisy. Next year we'll cut their hair shorter so they can take the heat better. They are good fliers, though.

How many miles were flown getting to and from Gaston's? And locally?

(My AWM tripmeter says 1370 to and from, plus the 320 to tulsa, leaving almost 200 locally(?) about 1900 total, pretty decent weekend.

Citabria 7GCAA
Citabria 7KCAB
Cessna 150
Cessna 182 (Kent)
Cessna 182RG (Josh)
Cessna 195 (Greg/Sharon)
Cessna 210 (Grant/Leslie)
Seneca (Bruce)
Baron 2 (Lance, Larry)
P Baron (Dave S.)
Travelair
Sting Sport (Larry)
Birddog (Kim/Phil)
IAR (Steve/Mary/Kathleen)
Husky (Chip)
Trinidad (Kaye)
Bellanca Super Viking (Dave T.)
Howard

I put in my best guesses based on recollection and the gastonsflyin site.

Wow, i was the only 182?

At least three of the four Mooneys were 201's (M20K's), but the Barons were all different: B55 (Lance), B58 (Larry), B58P (Dave).

There was another 182 there somewhere. I'm not sure who it was, but I remember another skylane on the radio.

A Skylane came in early Saturday with a man and two young boys carrying spin casting rods. They went straight to the dock to fish.

There was another 182 there somewhere. I'm not sure who it was, but I remember another skylane on the radio.

Back