Gastons 09 Band ?

Jr Hampton

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jr Hampton
Hello all ,

Been a lurker on this board for quite some time. Member of aopa and the purple people. Student pilot with 2 more steps to take for my PP-ASEL. With any luck will make it by the end of the month "I wish money grew on trees." Spoke with Diana and she said I should post a thread and get some feedback. so here goes ....

I play in a relatively successful local rock band here in Fayetteville, AR. I plan on making it to 09 Gastons. I would like to get an idea if anyone would be interested in some live music at the fly-in next year ?

Band name: Hunkr Down "yes ...NO E "
Genre: Rock and Roll ie: 80's hair, 80 nu wave , AC/DC , KISS etc...
We toss a little 60'-70's in their to for good measure.
If interested you can check us out at www.hunkrdown.com or go to myspace and search for hunkr down. We have released 3 CD's in our 14 years of playing together.. Let me know what you think.

Are you thinking of bringing the whole band, or getting together with the other musicians on the board who'll be there and doing some impromptu music?

I think it sounds like a great idea. It could be the evening entertainment out by the runway after all the flying is done for the day. :)

I think it sounds like a great idea. It could be the evening entertainment out by the runway after all the flying is done for the day. :)

That's kinda what I was thinkin

Absolutely...unfortunately I never really got the chance to play my trumpet which I brought with me, but perhaps this year. I have to figure out how I'm getting out there too.

Best,
Jason

Man, I think that sounds like an absolutely rocking good time. Each year, something new and different... and live music beats recorded every time!

Maybe you can put on a show at the Bull Shoals Dam at, say, 2:00 A.M. :hairraise:

Man, I think that sounds like an absolutely rocking good time. Each year, something new and different... and live music beats recorded every time!

Maybe you can put on a show at the Bull Shoals Dam at, say, 2:00 A.M. :hairraise:

Too much fun... I dont think the Corps of engineers would appreciate us that much :dunno:

Shoot ,this will be my first Gastons event. Why not start it with the ol prevebial bang...at least of the drums anyways....

Last edited:
Too much fun... I dont think the Corps of engineers would appreciate us that much :dunno:

How can I put this... last June, we did not exactly ask before we visited...

Sounds good, but we might want to see if Gaston's has any rules about quite hours. With them being mainly a fishing resort that just happen to have an airstrip that we invade for the weekend, they may not like us being loud to late. Most places like this have 10PM-7AM quite hours. You know them fisherman like to go to bed early.:yes:

If I get to go next year I can bring a bass or a banjo and Karen can bring a guitar. She plays blues, I am king of the quarter notes on bass or I can bring my banjo for old time and folk music

Sounds good, but we might want to see if Gaston's has any rules about quite hours. With them being mainly a fishing resort that just happen to have an airstrip that we invade for the weekend, they may not like us being loud to late. Most places like this have 10PM-7AM quite hours. You know them fisherman like to go to bed early.:yes:

Dean, I'll check with them when I'm down there in two weeks.

Most def need to check.. I will also check with neighborhood peeps. As I luckily have a good friend with a house down on the river.

If I get to go next year I can bring a bass or a banjo and Karen can bring a guitar. She plays blues, I am king of the quarter notes on bass or I can bring my banjo for old time and folk music

I have also been known to pic a few notes on the ol 6 string. Unfortunatly I picked the drums to play in the band :( . I bet if Gastons doesn't want an entire and I might say "loud" band , there will be a cluster of musicians there anyways to entertain. I just wanted to see what everyone thought about the idea before I put it on the band calender. :)

Sounds cool, but I hope your bandmates like airplanes!

Also, FWIW, a bunch of us brought instruments last year with the intent of making some music, and we never did play 'em... :(

I liked the tune I heard on your homepage. Sounds really good.

Sounds cool, but I hope your bandmates like airplanes!

Also, FWIW, a bunch of us brought instruments last year with the intent of making some music, and we never did play 'em... :(

We have couple of friends that are involved in aviation. Our "sometimes keyboardist" is actually a CFI. I was gonna get my ticket through him, but he went on tour with Ozzy for about 2 years.... It would be sweet to get him down for Gastons. Our singers good friend is a pilot for the CIA.. Or he was... Kinda lost contact after he got that job.. Imagine that :dunno: .. Our bassist had a couple of buds that fly for Wal-Mart Corp. I dont know if you'd ever get any band members up but I am slowly working on them.. The general consenus is that I have to have 100 hrs before they will go up with me. I can understand I guess. Some people are just not cut out to fly GA.

Back