Gaston IV Photos

ok im pretty sure all of mine are up.

be sure to check the two i added in Outtakes :)

lots of others in airplanes, people, and a few in nature

That is a great picture. Details! Camera, settings, etc.
Like Beth's gorgeous picture of Venice, it was done with a Point & Shoot Canon, in this case a Powershoot DS900. I wish I had hers with the image stabilization, but it seems to have come out alright. As far as the settings go, there should be some information embedded within the image. I admit I took about 6 or 8 of that scene with different settings, and I don't remember which that one was.

I'm going to try to upload more pics next weekend, along with writing up a couple of trip reports. In the past few weeks we've done:
Wings
Clow Cavalcade of Planes
Gastons IV
first LifeLine Pilots flight.

Next weekend we're flying to Daytona Beach, and from there maybe up to Bar Harbor, ME. Haven't had much time to write up all the adventures!

Like Beth's gorgeous picture of Venice, it was done with a Point & Shoot Canon, in this case a Powershoot DS900. I wish I had hers with the image stabilization, but it seems to have come out alright. As far as the settings go, there should be some information embedded within the image. I admit I took about 6 or 8 of that scene with different settings, and I don't remember which that one was.

If you go to Joe's site and view the picture, you'll see some little icons in the upper right hand corner. One of those icons is "photo properties". It'll give you (and everybody else) the full skinny on the settings that you used.

<snip> there should be some information embedded within the image. <snip>
I'm not sure what privileges you need to make that info visible so here it is:

File size : 87285 bytes
File date : 2007:06:13 09:02:36
Camera make : Canon
Camera model
: Canon PowerShot SD900
Date/Time : 2007:06:09 01:09:45
Resolution
: 1024 x 768
Flash used : No
Focal length
: 12.5mm (35mm equivalent: 220mm)
CCD width
: 2.05mm
Exposure time : 1.000 s
Aperture
: f/3.5
Exposure bias
: 0.67
Whitebalance
: Auto
Metering Mode : matrix
Exposure Mode
: Manual
Auto bracketing

Joe

well Grant I see that your photo made the line up at Avweb. Sadly someone else got a nice shot of a kid with a toy airplane and you really cant argue with kids, so no picture of the week for you.

well Grant I see that your photo made the line up at Avweb. Sadly someone else got a nice shot of a kid with a toy airplane and you really cant argue with kids, so no picture of the week for you.
Well, I'm honored that it's being shown. Though I wonder if the kid is picture of the week this week, since it's in the middle of the week? To be frank, though, there are others there that look better than mine.

I recommend the photo of "Chip in formation with Nick and Sheri", too. It's in keeping with the whole Gaston's theme, imho....

I recommend the photo of "Chip in formation with Nick and Sheri", too. It's in keeping with the whole Gaston's theme, imho....

I agree, it's there.

How about this one and this one? I like airplanes in the air.

Which of the people pictures? I like the Sunday Brunch ones and the dinner ones.

Joe

yes and yes. i liked all of chips pictures.

Both good choices, imho :)

I can't seem to locate it, but there's a picture of Ken Ibold's daughter and 3 other young people sitting at the same dinner table on Saturday night. It's precious.

I agree, it's there.

How about this one and this one? I like airplanes in the air.

Which of the people pictures? I like the Sunday Brunch ones and the dinner ones.

Joe

Joe, Viveca's nature photos are quite impressive. :yes:

I think that this one:

http://www.areeda.com/gallery/Nature/CIMG0340

should go in the best picture gallery, even if there are no airplanes or people in the photo.

BTW, I noticed that all of her photos are posted twice in the nature gallery...didn't know if that was intentional or not. :)

It seems like other people took a lot of pictures...I hope they post them eventually. :yes:

Oops, I put people in the airplane section. :redface: Joe would you please move it for me?

Oops, I put people in the airplane section. :redface: Joe would you please move it for me?
Thanks Joe! Now, guess what? I did it again. :redface: I just added photos of Tommy Cutler and I put them in the wrong section again. Maybe I'll just quit for the day. :redface:

Thanks Joe! Now, guess what? I did it again. :redface: I just added photos of Tommy Cutler and I put them in the wrong section again. Maybe I'll just quit for the day. :redface:

No No, it's real easy to move them. I did have issues uploading the nature photos, wireless was acting up. I'll find the dups soon.

Also got to download Brook's pictures from here and add them.

Joe

I received a request for step by step instructions on how to load pictures into this gallery. Here goes.

• Go to the gallery page http://www.areeda.com/gallery/Gastons-IV
  • Click on the login icon
    identity.gif
    in the upper right hand corner. This brings up the login page
  • Enter "poa" into the Username field, "giv" in the password field (no quotes) click on the Login button.
  • Pick the album you want to enter your pictures (Airplanes, People, Nature, or Outtakes). Click on the picture.
  • In the upper right corner is a drop down menu labeled "<album actions>", click on the down arrow and choose "add photos"
  • There are several ways to add pictures. If you have Java loaded on your computer the best one is "Applet (big)", otherwise Form is OK.
  • Each of these methods allows you to choose multiple files then has an Upload or Upload Now button to do the transfer.
  • The transfer is kind of slow because it creates 2 new pictures from yours. One is a thumbnail to browse and the other is a medium size picture to view in the browser window.
If you need more detail let me know.

Joe

Both good choices, imho :)

I can't seem to locate it, but there's a picture of Ken Ibold's daughter and 3 other young people sitting at the same dinner table on Saturday night. It's precious.

The kid's at the table are: Kaelyn (Ken's), Tommy (Spike's), Jordan (my girl), and Joshua (my boy).

They WERE precious for that moment in time...B) ;)

The kid's at the table are: Kaelyn (Ken's), Tommy (Spike's), Jordan (my girl), and Joshua (my boy).

They WERE precious for that moment in time...B) ;)

We should make clear to kids from now on not to cross the river, or at least to know to stay put and call for help if the river rises. That could have turned into a bad situation...and right after Spike said, "What trouble could he get into?' and I said, "Yeah, there's only moving airplanes & vehicles, bluffs & heights, a river, wild animals...."

I see that the photo of the Cheap Red Wine made it on there. :D

Alright, I admit I'm not the most computer literate person in the country (or my house). How do you specify which directory to place the photos?

Never mind, just saw post #56.

Hhhmmmm, I click on "add photo" and nothing happens although I added two accidentally to the home page. And yes, I am logged in :)

Last edited:

I took such a picture, it's in the video I made. It wasn't a perfect picture though because I did it across the room. Perhaps this is the one you are remembering.

When I get a chance I'll upload them.

I just received a CD today from Jim Gaston of photos he took of us and our airplanes. There are about 80 photos and the files are 5-6 MB. I'll upload smaller versions of some of them in a day or two.

I just added a bunch of pictures from the CD that Jim Gaston sent me. I really like some of them, especially the one of Tony shaking hands with Dave Powell, and the one of the welcoming committee that greeted Tom and me after we landed. They show the spirit of Gaston's. :)

I wish I had a picture of the wide variety of scores on the judging paddles when I landed at Gaston's from the back seat. :rofl: That was a different kind of spirit...perhaps people had been drinking spirits? :yes: ;)

P.S. Joe, would you fix them for me (again). :redface: I accidentally put four of the airplane photos on the main page (again).

Thank you Joe for fixing mine. That picture of the mist on the river was taken by Sue.....

Back