Gaston’s Oct. 14-16, 2022 - Lakeview, AR (3M0 (zero!))

Which weekends can you attend in October?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Math says it’ll be ready to keg 1 week before Gaston’s… so we’ll see if we can make it happen.

44A79799-1AAD-4EF5-8F75-D6BAD1458E65.jpeg
Blonde Ale, 19 IBU, 1.054 OG (so ~ 5.2% ABV when finished).

2 weeks to go!

Also - did you know Arkansas has bears???? I was going to arrive in N Arkansas a few days early to do some camping and back country flying when I came across that little gem. Now I'm on Google earth planning out my parking, cooking, and camping spots. I'd like to know how @rwellner98 stays bear free (might be a good video?)

2 weeks to go!

Also - did you know Arkansas has bears???? I was going to arrive in N Arkansas a few days early to do some camping and back country flying when I came across that little gem. Now I'm on Google earth planning out my parking, cooking, and camping spots. I'd like to know how @rwellner98 stays bear free (might be a good video?)
Bears, you say?
glock 40.jpg

Sure - but won't this just **** 'em off?
I'm no expert, but it should smoke anything you find in Arkansas. An Alaskan Grizzly....well then you might be in trouble. I don't think they have too many bear attacks at Gaston's though lol

Arkansas Fly-in 2022
hqdefault.jpg

also -- you have good taste (I have the same glock! :cool:)

1 week to go!!

Math says it’ll be ready to keg 1 week before Gaston’s… so we’ll see if we can make it happen.

View attachment 110788
Blonde Ale, 19 IBU, 1.054 OG (so ~ 5.2% ABV when finished).
I kegged just now (1 day late), so I’m force carbing with a few extra PSI. Hopefully everything will carbonate just fine.

A6569AD1-55D3-4322-BDEF-C8ED87D6DDB2.jpeg
Yielded a FG of 1.013, so it’s 5.4% ABV. I kegged 10.6 gallons.

1 week to go!!

I kegged just now (1 day late), so I’m force carbing with a few extra PSI. Hopefully everything will carbonate just fine.

View attachment 111260

My Peach Wheat ended up around 5.7% abv. Tastes pretty good! See y’all there!

1 week to go!!

View attachment 111260
A little force carb will be just fine. Now my Amarillo pale ale that’s still in the fermenter would require a force carb kick in the butt since I’m leaving in 2 days. Might just give it a go.

Two home brews to sample sounds darn right nice.

Do they still have rooms?

FYI, we’re bringing a pot of chili and some cornbread for Saturday night. Depending on crowd, it probably won’t feed everybody, but it’s a pretty big batch.

I haven't called about rooms as the forecast is making it look less likely that we'll be able to take time off from working.

They weren't busy last year, but as Teresa reminded me, that was a whole month later in the year.

I called and they have a single bedroom accommodation on Friday. So if you’re thinking about it, there you go.

As a reminder, it’s good to be nice aviation ambassadors, however sometimes geese, dogs and children need some, ahem, encouragement to vacate the runway prior to landing.

…if you get my drift.

…scorecards are encouraged.

Well, the homebrew didn’t make it so I will bring some local brew from Rapp’s. And I brought some sour dough starter so will try to make that baking schedule work so we’ve got some good bread to go with the chili.

What supplies are typically needed? Chairs?
Do we need to bring our own tie downs and anchors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What supplies are typically needed? Chairs?
Do we need to bring our own tie downs and anchors?

Bring chairs for outside. There are some tie downs but if we have more than about 6 - 8 planes, you’ll need tiedowns although it doesn’t look like they’ll be necessary.

In the past we’ve grabbed pizza from town on Friday night and Saturday has been some kinda throw-together in one of the bigger cabins. We’re bringing some chili. If someone wants to bring a couple bag salads that would be nice. Looks like plenty of beer coming.

What he said. Andy and I grabbed a big cabin so we can do the hosting. And I will grab some veggies/salads to add to the mix.

Going to be a last minute Go/No Go for us. Static leak discovered in my airspeed indicator, and suspected brake fluid leak around the right side rudder pedals. Airspeed got shipped overnight this afternoon. It's proposed to be back on Friday. Brake fluid leak is going to get tackled in the morning. :-/

Going to be a last minute Go/No Go for us. Static leak discovered in my airspeed indicator, and suspected brake fluid leak around the right side rudder pedals. Airspeed got shipped overnight this afternoon. It's proposed to be back on Friday. Brake fluid leak is going to get tackled in the morning. :-/
1) Pitch+Power = Performance
2) Aerodynamic braking
3) Don't trust anything I say

Hope you can make it! It's looking like a Friday arrival for me, as Thursday's winds are out-of-spec. I'll know more in 24 hrs.

Yeah, bring all that to Arkansas. We’ll get it sorted. Wd40 and duct tape can fix anything.

Bring chairs for outside. There are some tie downs but if we have more than about 6 - 8 planes, you’ll need tiedowns although it doesn’t look like they’ll be necessary.

In the past we’ve grabbed pizza from town on Friday night and Saturday has been some kinda throw-together in one of the bigger cabins. We’re bringing some chili. If someone wants to bring a couple bag salads that would be nice. Looks like plenty of beer coming.

Great! I’ll bring some beer then...

We had to back out. Minor medical issue with my daughter that came with some hefty bills so we are cutting non essential expenses for a bit.

I will be sending @eman1200 in my place.

@eman1200 be careful. There is a whoopdiedoo in the middle of the runway. It will be tempting to try and fly when you hit it.
Best to just let the nose come down and porpoise 1 time and then launch.

Post lots of photos.

Back