Gaston’s…request from the wimmen

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
I’m trying to think of a good way to say this without sounding like such a woman. :)

Last year there were several requests from the women from Gaston’s to delete unflattering photos (me included). I know you guys don’t always understand us (including my husband!), but that’s OK. :D

As a rule, we don’t like having pictures of us made public where we have stupid looks on our faces, look 200 pounds heavier than real life, a fork halfway to our mouths, stuff like that. :dunno:

OK, Anthony, here’s your chance to redeem yourself! Your opportunity to get back in our good graces is right here, right now...say something nice about wimmen. :D

Oh this is priceless. And then catalog the unflattering photos for the roast next year! LOL!

Diana said:
As a rule, we don’t like having pictures of us made public...

I think this is where I am supposed to chime and say,
"You know if you would just stay in the kitchen..."

Hmmmm, maybe I better not finish that. :D

N2212R said:

I'm doing a search on the internet as we speak, in search of the nearest "charm school" near your geographic location. :p

Oh, will I learn how to curtsey, and extend my pinky when I drink afternoon tea? :D

Anthony, sounds to me like you've just been handed a reason to go on a silver platter. No matter the obstacles :)

N2212R said:

Like I tell my wife, if all I were interested in were looks, I'd take a picture... get to work!!!

Joe Williams <--- abused husband :rofl:

N2212R said:
Oh, will I learn how to curtsey, and extend my pinky when I drink afternoon tea? :D

Texas tea sipper? Oh, Spike....??? :D :D :D

No No No, this is where we're supposed to say:

But Diana, every picture of you is beautiful, whatever do you mean? There's no unflattering picture of you, or any of the POA women!

:D

SkyHog said:

But Diana, every picture of you is beautiful, whatever do you mean? There's no unflattering picture of you, or any of the POA women!

LMAO... Nick, you are ready to be married :)

SkyHog said:

LOL! See, guys, Nick has already figured it out! :rofl:

Joe Williams said:
LMAO... Nick, you are ready to be married :)

Why do women like to fine a husband with an earring?

Because he already knows how to shop for jewelry........
And he has experienced pain.:yes:

This is a very humorous post. :rofl:

Shirley, you can't be serious.:vomit:

Diana said:
I’m trying to think of a good way to say this without sounding like such a woman. :)

Last year there were several requests from the women from Gaston’s to delete unflattering photos (me included). I know you guys don’t always understand us (including my husband!), but that’s OK. :D

As a rule, we don’t like having pictures of us made public where we have stupid looks on our faces, look 200 pounds heavier than real life, a fork halfway to our mouths, stuff like that. :dunno:

OK, Anthony, here’s your chance to redeem yourself! Your opportunity to get back in our good graces is right here, right now...say something nice about wimmen. :D

Well the surest way to get a pilot to do something is ask him NOT to do something. Oh yea we'll delete them:fcross:

It's just that its sooo hard to take a photo of your mind and personality that we have to settle for your looks.:yes:

No worries Diana! I have a camera that only takes complementary pics!

(Has something to do with editing, I admit.)

Best,

Dave

Chuck will be setting up a real time UNCOMPLIMETARY PICTURE CAM. It only sees embarrassing and borderline sexist images. It activates when someone begins to bend over, etc.

:rofl:

Anthony said:
It only sees embarrassing and borderline sexist images. It activates when someone begins to bend over, etc.

Only interesting to those who subsrcibe to plumbers weekly. :D

Diana, I have plenty of photos left over from your BD party. I'd be happy to post quite a few of them if you so desire...as examples of what your definition of "unflattering" is.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Diana, I have plenty of photos left over from your BD party. I'd be happy to post quite a few of them if you so desire...as examples of what your definition of "unflattering" is.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Those rumors floating around about my being "nice" aren't really true. ;) Besides, I have lots of photos from that weekend, too. :D

Speaking of which, I can't decide whether to have another fly-in birthday party this year. I had fun last year. It was the best birthday ever. :yes:

Speaking of pictures . . .

A while back this guy comes in the office and tells me all about why I should have a website yada yada.

I can't figure out why I would possibly want one, since sure as hell somebody will eventually contact me to do some some work, an Okie's worst nightmare. The reason we all moved to Texas in the first place was because we heard there wasn't any work down here.

So anyway he says I've got to do it and he will do all the work, cost is peanuts, ZZZZZ. To shut him up I finally agreed, and didn't hear from him for a while.

After a couple of weeks I thought I had escaped and he'd probably forgotten about it, when out of the blue he calls and says he needs a picture. Where was that in the fine print? If the purpose of the website is as he says "to stay abreast of the shifting paradygm of marketing goods and services"--whatever that means--Why would I include a picture of me?

I told him I didn't have one, but he said all the websites have them and I needed to get one, maybe a professionally done shot would be better. Yeah, right. So I looked on the internet and found a picture of a better looking guy (hard to find one who doesn't meet that test) and sent it to him, told it was a flattering picture of me when I was younger.

Now he wants a bio. Are all websites this hard?

One more quick question. How are the photographers supposed to know when the wimmen look any dumber than they normally look?

I didn't say it was mine. You know better than that.
Whew, what a relief! You almost shattered my image of you as a guy who mostly hangs around taildraggers and grass strips while giving wimmen on aviation forums a hard time. ;)

Poor choice of words, but we don't need to go there.

Let's just say that I have office privileges and am occasionally mistaken for somebody who works. It's embarassing to be labeled as such, and I do everything I can to prevent it. Wearing the thong has proven to be my most effective strategy for being left alone.

Whew, what a relief! You almost shattered my image of you as a guy who mostly hangs around taildraggers and grass strips while giving wimmen on aviation forums a hard time. ;)

Wayne, you do not want a website. I only have one because my staff got tired explaining what I do.

Since I am unmarried, and will have no one to make sure I comply with said request, I still stand by my original post, except I'll finish it this time:

....you wouldnt have to worry about said pictures.

I posted this on the Purple Board as an example of unflattering pictures. I think Grant took this picture...and I wouldn't let him post it. But I've grown to love it...as it is the unvarnished truth about how we really look at Gaston's...hot and sweaty and tired from giving people airplane rides. However, I am still the ONLY person allowed to post unflattering pictures of me!

Attachments

• Kim at Gastons.JPG
    Kim at Gastons.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I posted this on the Purple Board as an example of unflattering pictures. I think Grant took this picture...and I wouldn't let him post it. But I've grown to love it...as it is the unvarnished truth about how we really look at Gaston's...hot and sweaty and tired from giving people airplane rides. If you have a cute airplane, you don't really have to look that great all the time. People love you anyway. ;)
Yes, I took that one, and respected your wishes. But, as I keep telling Diana, it isn't even possible to take unflattering photos of the women at Gaston's, because such a concept just doesn't exist!

D-E-F-P-O-T-E-C . . . Now with your left eye covered, read the smallest . . .
Yes, I took that one, and respected your wishes. But, as I keep telling Diana, it isn't even possible to take unflattering photos of the women at Gaston's, because such a concept just doesn't exist!

You don't know what you're talking about...:frown2: But your intentions are good...:yes:

I totally get the picture thing. I always make sure to have slightly unflattering pics of guys to use as blackmail if any yucky photos of me make it on the Internetz. :D Pics with a bottle of JD in one hand, a random girl standing next to them, and a cig hanging out of their mouth with a confused look on their face will usually do the trick. But, of course, that's a usual Saturday night for some of the guys I know. :rofl:

'xactly. There's nothing wrong with that picture.

Back