Gas in Wisconsin

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Student is doing long Comm. XC to Oshkosh on Sunday. 172 w/long range tanks leaves options for 3rd stop to get gas. Wheres the cheap stuff, generally south and west of OSH?

KBUU is cheap but that is WAY south of OSH. KPDC is going $3.99 for self serve (higher than OSH). The airport itself is a great to land at.

Portage, C47 is usually a good price. Watertown is going for $4.18 and that seems a bit high to me.

Tony, try airnav to check for local prices. Like some say with the American Express, I don't leave home without it :D

Tony, try airnav to check for local prices. Like some say with the American Express, I don't leave home without it :D

yea but then what would I post about? :) looking for the straight dope from the locals, dontchaknow

Well due west, Friendship Adams (63C) usually some of the cheapest gas in WI

Pete

Osh is the cheapest within 50nm of Osh at 3.45 but at Adams Wi (63C) its $2.80 (its 53mn W of KOSH)
Pete beat me to the post

EDIT what do gliders need fuel for

Well due west, Friendship Adams (63C) usually some of the cheapest gas in WI

Osh is the cheapest within 50nm of Osh at 3.45 but at Adams Wi (63C) its $2.80 (its 53mn W of KOSH)

What those guys said. 63C, Adams-Friendship. They only mark the fuel up enough to pay for maintenance on the pump. So, generally the cheapest in the state. On nice weekends in the summer, the receipt printer will run out of paper by Sunday even when they put a new roll in on Friday!

I wouldn't be surprised if their fuel is back up into the $3.20 range soon, with what autogas and the other airports have been doing. Still, you won't find fuel any cheaper in WI.

Gee I wish I knew about 63C before. The sectional shows them without services so I used to avoid them when my sister lived right there. Instead we would meet in Baraboo. Oh well that was 8 years ago, she had since moved back to Florida and just last week to California.

Back