Garmin Worldwide Navigation Database Oversizing

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
1200 E. 151st Street Olathe, KS 66062 913-397-8200 SERVICE ADVISORY

© 2016 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Service Advisory 1604 January 08, 2016 Page 1 of 1 NO.: 1604 Rev A

NO.: 1604 Rev A

TO: Worldwide Navigation Database Users

DATE: January 8, 2016

SUBJECT: Worldwide Navigation Database

PRODUCTS AFFECTED

Garmin G900X, G950, G1000, Cirrus PerspectiveTM, and Embraer ProdigyTM Integrated Avionics Systems with GDU software versions 15.09 and earlier using the Worldwide Navigation Database are affected.

Garmin G2000, G3000, G5000, and Embraer Prodigy Touch Integrated Avionics Systems with GDU software version 6.49 and earlier using the Worldwide Navigation Database are also affected.

Additionally, all Garmin GTN 6XX/7XX, GNS 400W/500W, and G500/600 systems using the Worldwide Navigation Database are also affected

ISSUE

The number of approaches and volume of data in the Worldwide Navigation Database now exceeds the limits of the database.

RESOLUTION

Beginning with Cycle 1602 (effective February 4, 2016) Garmin will begin restricting the number of airports included on the Worldwide Navigation Database, based on the length of the longest runway. Heliports and Airports that do not contain a runway of greater than 4000 feet will be excluded from the Worldwide Navigation Database. All associated data with excluded airports (communication frequencies, approaches, runways, etc.) will also be excluded. NOTE

I didn't know the worldwide database was available on a single card. With Jeppesen I have the Americas - and that's actually split into two - US/CAN and US/Latin America.

I didn't know the worldwide database was available on a single card. With Jeppesen I have the Americas - and that's actually split into two - US/CAN and US/Latin America.

And, they have a single Americas that is all of North and South America. The Worldwide database represents a small percentage of their subscriptions.

Back