(Garmin Video) Rhode Island - Providence, Block Island, KWST

phillipny

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
phillipny
Another one of my garmin virb videos

Flying weather has been really good in New England. I took the garmin camera up again for a flight over Rhode Island (Providence, Block Island and Westerly). Little camera keeps on going and going, really great purchase.

http://switchboxcontrol.com/news/20...land-flights-providence-block-island-westerly

PHL_0793Dacha20140309PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_0580Dacha20140309PhillipAngert.jpg

Im interested in your setup, how do you get the MPH, Alt & course track on the video? I'd like to start videoing myself and that would be awesome.

Im interested in your setup, how do you get the MPH, Alt & course track on the video? I'd like to start videoing myself and that would be awesome.

The Garmin Virb has it build into the gps function of the camera and you can choose how it displays on the playback.

Nice camera, I have had one for about 2 months now and have since strapped it to snomobiles, ski helmets, and airplanes and has done well in all scenarios.

The Garmin Virb has it build into the gps function of the camera and you can choose how it displays on the playback.

Nice camera, I have had one for about 2 months now and have since strapped it to snomobiles, ski helmets, and airplanes and has done well in all scenarios.

What mount would you use on a planes wing? or inside the cockpit?

What mount would you use on a planes wing? or inside the cockpit?

I have not taken the plunge to mount my $400 camera on the wing yet.....maybe next week. But on my snowmobile and inside the plane I use RAM mounts and have made a custom dual suction one with an aluminum back bone that I can bend to get them to sit flat on a curved surface.

But either way the ram mount are the way to go inside the plane, I have a bag full of ones I purchased and no longer use, so it's like having an erector set to mount toys to other toys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Enjoyed the video. I found myself wishing you'd slowed the playback down to real time for the good parts: takeoff, approach, landing, etc.

For my mount, I just took the standard one that came in the box and drilled a hole through the middle.. Then a wingtip screw in place
Phillip

Back