Garmin TXi Series

EminiTrader

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Emini Trader
Was on the webinar this evening - the new Garmin 500/600/700 TXi series looks very promising! PR and website updates tomorrow. For you guys considering upgrades you may wanna check it out

A replacement for the G500/G600 Series. 10.6" version a 7" version. If you do 2 7" and get the backup batteries you will not need backup instruments. Also has auto pilot control buttons (or use the new G600 auto pilots). Very configurable and user friendly. Tried to record it but the Movavi software I use is on a different computer.. ugg. but it will be up tomorrow at garmin.com/TXi

Very much looking forward to this. We'd love to get rid of the spinny gyros and vacuum system, and modernize our engine monitoring. And get data logging. Etc etc etc...

Unfortunately, I'm guessing it's not going to be ready to ship in time for our avionics upgrade (late this month), but we'll almost certainly be doing some flavor of the G500 TXi in the next couple of years.

One thing I hope they address - And maybe I missed it since I missed the first 20 minutes of the webinar - It sounds like to not need an additional backup, you need dual 7" portrait displays and dual ADAHRS in the pilot's field of view. However, it also sounds like the EIS either needs the 10" display, or its own dedicated 7" display. That would mean either THREE 7" displays, or a single 10" display plus some other sort of backup unit.

I'm also hoping they build in support for the GFC 500 as time goes on. I have a great autopilot when it works, but I've poured enough $$ into it that if the GFC 500 gets the Mooney on its AML that we'd install it next time the KFC150 breaks. However, right now that would require an additional G5 that couldn't be used as a backup!

Such great pricing too! Only costs an arm and a leg!

Back