Garmin Touchscreen Sensitivity

Piloto

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Piloto
On a recent flight into Canada I had a chance to play with my friend G796 touchscreen. First thing I noticed is that it does not response to hands wearing gloves neither to retracted plastic ball point pens. I had to remove my gloves to make a key entry. On my Aera 560 it will take key entries with the retracted pen or gloves with no problems. Because I have fat fingers the pen works very well for me to accurately select the map symbol or avoid errors when using the keyboard. I have the same problem when wearing gloves with my Iphone4. I have to take the gloves off to answer a call.

I found these
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...9x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM2762875701

gloves that claim they will work with cell phone touchscreens. Any comments on these.

José

Dunno about the Garmin's screen, but that's a pet peeve of mine about the iPad. I cannot operate the touchscreen at all with gloves on, and in turbulence, it is hard to tap or do anything but swipe.

So I'd be interested in gloves that work with touchscreens too. It seems there should be quite a market for them among pilots anyway.

Those gloves should work, as should this stylus: amzn.com/B00495WTTC

Henry, Electrical Engineer

Back