Garmin Pilot Question

Discussion in 'Avionics and Upgrades' started by Stewartb, Oct 12, 2019 at 10:07 AM.

1. Stewartb

Stewartb Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    stewartb
    Long time GP user, standard and premium subscriptions are current, auto update is activated. I’m seeing something I’ve never seen before.

In the downloads menu I have several items expired. Some indicate expired with “active” and others are just expired. There are no updates available. I’ve never noticed expired downloads with no updates available before now. Does anyone know what’s going on with this? I’m not interested in potshots by Garmin haters. I’m looking for a real answer.

Thanks.

2. Ignacio Allende

Ignacio Allende Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Canalguna
    Hi Stewart, I noticed something similar but just downloaded the outdated data.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019 at 10:20 AM
  3. Stewartb

Stewartb Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    stewartb
    It must be a device management or subscription ID since the problem only exists on my iPad and not on my iPhone. Same account.

4. MuseChaser

MuseChaser Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    MuseChaser
    Not sure if it's related.. symptoms don't ALL fit... but I had a somewhat similar issue w/ iFlyGPS on my tablet showing that data was expired when it wasn't. I use the external storage option to keep my data an a microSD card, and it turns out that it wasn't reading the card immediately upon startup if I had completely quit the application. Restarting the tablet fixed everything. It's only happened once in a few months. Just an idea?

5. Stewartb

Stewartb Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    stewartb
    Deleting and reinstalling the app appears to be resolving the problem. I'm glad I discovered it. I don't always look at the downloads page.

6. Stewartb

Stewartb Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    stewartb
    Confirmed. Fixed. I should have known, but it was early. :)

GRG55 likes this.
  7. Sinistar

Sinistar Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    Brad
    I have seen this too but neither of mine is currently showing the example. I think it has something to do with them downloading the next upcoming cycle but they haven't deleted the old one as part of the auto update. If I see it again I will try and grab a screenshot.

8. Hang 4

Hang 4 Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    Hang 4
    Just checked mine, no issue. I updated both the iPad and GP to latest version before reading this post.