Garmin Pilot integration with FltPlan.com

Hang 4

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Hang 4
Garmin acquired FltPlan.com and is integrating FltPlan capabilities into Garmin Pilot. I'm a GP user and quite happy with it. I had a FltPlan account when I was trying to decide on which EFP and flight planning software to use.

I now can't file a flight plan without a FltPlan profile. FltPlan seems very capable, but for my use as a VFR PP, working on instrument, it seems like way too much and it also seems hard to just use the base capabilities. As an example, GP has simple fuel calculations - input three fuel flows, Climb, cruise, descent and how much you burn in taxi. More than enough for me. FP is way more complicated. Another is Weight and Balance. If your aircraft is not in their database, you have to scan and send them an original W&B and they'll put your plane in 3 - 4 weeks, no charge, but still a PITA. Garmin just trusts you to build your own and it took me five minutes.

Has anyone else run into this? I wish there was an option just ignore FP, but it seems that each update to GP bakes it in deeper and deeper.

disconnect your FP login from garmin pilot

I agree Hang 4. I've went to doing all my flight plan filing on with FlyQ. I still use Garmin Pilot on every flight because it connects to my GTX345 for traffic and weather, plus I like it's logbook. I use FlyQ for all my flight planning and filing, and for it's geo ref charts and taxi.

Back