Garmin Pilot Flight Planning

KeyWestPhotog

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
WingMan
I've been using the Garmin Pilot to file my flight plans every time I take off. I really like how you can be precise in your flight plan about what you are planning to do with it.

Here is what I mean.

FLIGHTPLAN.jpg

I've been using the Garmin Pilot to file my flight plans every time I take off. I really like how you can be precise in your flight plan about what you are planning to do with it.

Here is what I mean.

View attachment 30195

That's cool! I haven't messed with that part of Garmin Pilot at all.

Of course, I haven't filed a VFR flight plan since 1990-something, either. But, still -- it's cool that Pilot can do that! :)

And with that flight plan, you will get SPECIAL treatment!

Here is what I mean.

View attachment 30195

I use GP to file my flight plans but I am not familiar with this. Is this part of the iPad app?

Yes Chris, they send me an email as confirmation that they filed it with via DUATS. What you are seeing is from the email they send.

Sent from my iPhone using An APP that doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

Thanks!

I have filed numerous IFR flight plans with GP and i don't get a confirmation email...didn't even know that feature was available. I dont think its even mentioned in the user manual, unless i missed it. How do you set this up and is it a function of the Preferred DUATS service that I use (I have my Preferred DUATS set at DTC)?

Should have requested the callsign "mile high" with that ;) something tells me that might become a bumpy ride....

Should have requested the callsign "mile high" with that ;) something tells me that might become a bumpy ride....

Didn't think of it :) ... Gotta do it next time I have willing riders, I mean flyers!

How do you set this up and is it a function of the Preferred DUATS service that I use (I have my Preferred DUATS set at DTC)?

Chris, take a look at your settings. Tap "Pilot Info" (If you have pilot information put in there). There you will see "DTC and CSC Credentials". Put your information into whichever of those 2 areas you have an account with and Garmin Pilot will file your flight plans when you are ready.

Last edited:
Chris, take a look at your settings. Tap "Pilot Info" (If you have pilot information put in there). There you will see "DTC and CSC Credentials". Put your information into whichever of those 2 areas you have an account with and Garmin Pilot will file your flight plans when you are ready.

I just now got a reply back from Garmin regarding this issue. He told me that my email had never been "confirmed" but he just did it manually. That should take care of the problem. And, what do ya know, I also just received the email from Garmin confirming the IFR flight that I just filed. Looks like it works now. Thanks!

No problem, feel free to send a check for $19.99 to ......... Never mind, just buy me a beer when ya see me.

Sent from my iPad using An APP that doesn't pay me to advertise.

No problem, feel free to send a check for $19.99 to ......... Never mind, just buy me a beer when ya see me.

Sent from my iPad using An APP that doesn't pay me to advertise.

Sounds great to me! I'm overdue for a quick hop down to KEYW. Or, if you are ever in the Ft Myers area drop in to Pine Shadows Airpark for a visit!

Awesome will do. I'm always needing a reason to fly. About to head out on a VERY LONG X-Country. I'll catch you probably in late July or August.

Is that Train/Dinner attraction any good up there?

Back