Garmin Pilot chart legends

Brink

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Brink
Garmin pilot does have chart legends but they’re hard to find. Tap on the Documents tab, you may have to tap on …More to find it. In the Documents window, upper right, tap on Catalog. Under FAA DOCUMENTS tap Legends. Tap Sectional Legends. In the list tap on the chart legends that you want, a green arrow will appear on your choices. Tap done and swipe up where you will find your downloaded choices. Garmin pilot map only gives altitudes for special use air space.

This must be an IOS thing ... can anyone help me find the legend on android? I can't find this Documents window anywhere, I also can't find the catalog and google isn't helping at all. Feeling super lost any help would be appreciated.

This must be an IOS thing ... can anyone help me find the legend on android? I can't find this Documents window anywhere, I also can't find the catalog and google isn't helping at all. Feeling super lost any help would be appreciated.
I’ve never used Garmin pilot on an android. On iPhone the choices are along the bottom and I have to tap …More (far right) to get the full list. In that list, one of the items is Documents.

That is what I am unable to find, which is why I think that location or path is an IOS thing and android does it different ... just can't find it on android. Uploaded what my ...More looks like. I use GP in tabbed mode like recommended, just this one thing is frustrating me.

GP-1.jpg GP-2.jpg

Also, before I forget ... the Garmin website says the following ...

To find the Legends of Sectionals and other documents, go to Downloads > Documents and download the file that you need. Once you download this file, go to Binders > My Binders (top center button) and select Documents. Tap on the file to expand.

This also doesn't work as I can't find "Documents" in the downloads section or in the Binders section either.

Last edited:
That is what I am unable to find, which is why I think that location or path is an IOS thing and android does it different ... just can't find it on android. Uploaded what my ...More looks like. I use GP in tabbed mode like recommended, just this one thing is frustrating me.

View attachment 114103 View attachment 114104

Also, before I forget ... the Garmin website says the following ...

To find the Legends of Sectionals and other documents, go to Downloads > Documents and download the file that you need. Once you download this file, go to Binders > My Binders (top center button) and select Documents. Tap on the file to expand.

This also doesn't work as I can't find "Documents" in the downloads section or in the Binders section either.
It’s definitely a different layout than IOS. Your list is missing “documents”. You might try swiping up or down in “binders” to see if any thing hidden shows up. Hopefully someone with an android knows the answer.

There are things possible in GP for iOS that are not for GP Android. This may be one of them.

Loading a procedure to the flight plan is one for sure.

There are things possible in GP for iOS that are not for GP Android. This may be one of them.

Loading a procedure to the flight plan is one for sure.

I haven't advanced far enough to know I couldn't load a procedure lol. Guess I'll keep searching the 'ol interwebs and if I can't find an answer maybe I'll try messaging Garmin directly and see how their customer service is ...

I haven't advanced far enough to know I couldn't load a procedure lol. Guess I'll keep searching the 'ol interwebs and if I can't find an answer maybe I'll try messaging Garmin directly and see how their customer service is ...
Were you able to find anything? I'd like to be able to see details on restricted areas and such. It would be pretty crazy if this is something available on paper charts but not the Garmin app.

Back