Garmin Pilot APP - Route Update?

Brad W

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
BLW2
Garmin Pilot app on an android phone
I have a question for those of you more experienced using this app

I have a dummy route ...actually in "trip planning"...that I had plugged in playing around with the app, just trying to figure out how to enter a local area training flight to and from the home airport. Ended up having to route airport to a nearby fix back to the airport. It's just for planning purposes, checking weather and notams, etc...
in the trip planning page, the departure time is "3/14 10:25 EDT". I'm assuming that is when I created the trip
I never filed or activated the route.

every once in a while....I haven't noticed exactly how often... I get a popup in my notifications from the app, saying "N1234 route status:kheg-kheg"
if i click the notification, the app opens up a page summarizing the route and it lists the current day's date and time...with options at the bottom to ignore, activate, brief, etc...

Any idea what's triggering this?

This post came up from a google search cause it was bugging the hell out of me too! Couldn’t find a solution anywhere but I just accidentally came across the setting that prompts these notifications.

In the Garmin Pilot app, go into Settings>Aircraft. Select an aircraft. Then scroll till you see ATC Proposed Route Notifications. There’s a toggle to subscribe. If you turn that toggle off, that should do away with those notifications! Should work the same on both Android and Apple (I’ve got an iPad and Samsung phone).

That’s interesting. That setting is enabled for me and the only time I get those notifications is when I actually file IFR. However I use ‘flight plan’ to, uh, plan flights and only use ‘trips’ to activate and file. Once filed and accepted (or updated) I’ll get that notification.

I do use the flight plan and trips sections to plan flights, but never actually filed (or activated for that matter), but I was getting the notifications even if there were no upcoming flights in queue and only for that specific aircraft that had ATC Proposed Route Notifications toggled on. Toggling that option seemed to do away with them (though time will tell, I only stumbled across it yesterday). I wonder if it's a bug?

Back