Garmin Pilot 5.2.0 question

Chris Mitchell

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Chris Mitchell
Simple question here...when you move the Nav Tracker (small diamond shaped "scrubber" at the bottom of the split screen...Map page) from departure to destination, a small box appears showing nm, kts, ete and gal. However, when I move the scrubber, the info (nm, kts, ete, and gal) isn't there. I haven't used this feature very often so I'm not sure if it worked with prior versions of Pilot, or is it just a bug with the new version...or am I not using it correctly?

Anyone else notice this, or have an answer?

Simple question here...when you move the Nav Tracker (small diamond shaped "scrubber" at the bottom of the split screen...Map page) from departure to destination, a small box appears showing nm, kts, ete and gal. However, when I move the scrubber, the info (nm, kts, ete, and gal) isn't there. I haven't used this feature very often so I'm not sure if it worked with prior versions of Pilot, or is it just a bug with the new version...or am I not using it correctly?

Anyone else notice this, or have an answer?

Mine is there and I am running 5.2.0. There are no values other nm and this is because I don't have the GPS running.

Just to confirm, you have something in the flightplan?

are you running on apple or android, I ask because I would like to know how garmin works on android?

Just to confirm, you have something in the flightplan?

I do.

Just to be clear, mine does show the small box with "nm, kts, ete, gal" but the values are missing as I move the scrubber.

I called Gamin tech support wit this question but, when he finally understood what I was talking about (the Nav Tracker scrubber) he said that I needed to be moving for this to work. I tried it in the car today and still no good. He wasn't much help!

A couple things to try:

- You definitely need to be moving. Actually, you need to be 'flying', meaning that you need to be above 40kts. You know you're flying when a route leg is active (magenta).

- You also need an aircraft configured under Settings->Aircraft (this is where it would get the fuel burn rate).

- You can modify the fuel burn rate that the app uses by bringing Active NavLog up while flying (Menu->Split Screen->Active NavLog), then touching the Burn Rate cell at the bottom.

Attached is a screenshot of what the scrubber looks like in action.

Attachments

• Photo Oct 03, 2 14 05 PM.png
    Photo Oct 03, 2 14 05 PM.png
    661.9 KB · Views: 13
Back