Garmin IQue M5 for $549 AR at NewEgg

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
NewEgg has a $200 Instant rebate on the Garmin iQue M5, which makes it $549.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16858108222&CMP=EMC-neemail052405&ATT=PocketPC (=PocketPC - right!) :confused:

I checked http://www.pricegrabber.com and the going rate at most real retailers is the pre-rebate $749.

I'm tempted.

I'm fairly sure that at least one company has written Aviation-specific applications to use with the iQue. In any case there are MANY Palm applications for flying - most free. I think that those that can use a GPS can find the iQue's built-in GPS and use it.

Ok, son.... keep that credit card in your wallet...

Last edited:
I keep going round and round on the PDA-based GPS/weather/terrain unit. I like the functionality and have gotten almost to the point of pulling the trigger a couple of times, but that screen is awfully little. Every air show I go to I pick one up and try to read it while not holding it perfectly still. Then I put my credit card away. I guess my eyes are getting old.

I owned the IQue and it was terribly unreliable. It drained the battery at an alarming rater and constantly crashed amd whipped out the user settings when it did. I was sent three replacement units in the 8 month I owned it. I finally cut my looses and sold it on eBay.

corjulo said:
I owned the IQue and it was terribly unreliable. It drained the battery at an alarming rater and constantly crashed amd whipped out the user settings when it did. I was sent three replacement units in the 8 month I owned it. I finally cut my looses and sold it on eBay.

Not that I have any hands on experience or have done any current research...Note that this is the newer, more powerful, model. It has a CPU with more umpph.

I would suspect that they've had some software updates, too.

It is amazing that no matter how much hardware technology leaps ahead, software development still takes competent human coders and testers using tools that have barely changed in comparison in 20 years.

Last edited:
mikea said:
It is amazing that no matter how much hardware technology leaps ahead, software development still takes competent humans coders and testers using tools that have barely changed in comparison in 20 years.

Mike,

I thought MS Visual Basic was a great leap as far as a development tool.

Len

Back