Want To Buy Garmin inReach Mini

Groundpounder

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Emerson Bigguns
Looking to buy a Garmin inReach Mini, or any other Garmin handheld with Satcom.

Thanks

I haven't looked real lately, but I've had an eye open for a while now for one. I've noticed you can get them cheaper from amazon new than used on ebay! They are a hot ticket item.

I haven't looked real lately, but I've had an eye open for a while now for one. I've noticed you can get them cheaper from amazon new than used on ebay! They are a hot ticket item.

Yeah I saw the same thing, figured I would throw something on here in the event that someone was looking to get rid of one.

Yeah, bound to be someone that has one bouncing around in a drawer someplace....

I bought one on Amazon, it was about $305. I haven't activated it yet since there isn't anywhere to go yet :-(

FWIW, cumulus soaring has the mini for $299

Last edited:
I just had good luck with craigslist. They go fast though. I found a InReach SE Explorer + (the big brother) for $300 cash. There were two listed at the same time. I went with the one that had everything ready for transfer. Pretty cool gadget actually. The battery life seems awesome. You do need to get a plan to activate it. I went with the $12/month with 10 messages - good enough for me. The screen is small'ish but with a few maps downloaded into it seems like a person could navigate pretty well in the middle of nowhere. The mini seems like a great size but pretty much makes the phone mandatory.

Back