Garmin GTNH750

Kpilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Kelly
The unit installed in my P210 is about 2 1/2 years old. For the past year I have been complaining about not getting download weather. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have replaced the antenna. Now I am being told it is the GDL that needs to be either replaced or overhauled. I'm annoyed at having to spend more money to fix something that should have been repaired under warranty last year. Anyone else have the problem?

Was the GDL installed at the same time as the GTN? I've not had the issue with my setup in my T210. Presumably this was working fine before but stopped working? Any changes in between when it was working and stopped working, software updates to the GTN/GDL, panel updates, etc?

The unit installed in my P210 is about 2 1/2 years old. For the past year I have been complaining about not getting download weather. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have replaced the antenna. Now I am being told it is the GDL that needs to be either replaced or overhauled. I'm annoyed at having to spend more money to fix something that should have been repaired under warranty last year. Anyone else have the problem?

Wear out Garmins number till you get it taken care of. If it’s been an issue and it was under warranty when it started, but your techs are inept at solving it, I’d gnaw their ear off every day till it was fixed on their dime.

Was the GDL installed at the same time as the GTN? I've not had the issue with my setup in my T210. Presumably this was working fine before but stopped working? Any changes in between when it was working and stopped working, software updates to the GTN/GDL, panel updates, etc?
Thanks for your reply. The only upgrades were from Garmin. Nothing else was done.

Wear out Garmins number till you get it taken care of. If it’s been an issue and it was under warranty when it started, but your techs are inept at solving it, I’d gnaw their ear off every day till it was fixed on their dime.
Thanks. I have been doing that!

There is a recent software update for the GTNs that fixes the bug where a lack of weather data would cause the weather layer to blank out the map, at least... But if you're having chronic problems with not receiving weather data at all, you'll want to get that fixed too I'm sure.

Back