Garmin GTN625 Database Question

jnmeade

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Meade
1. I have a Garmin GTN625 and the subscription ran out. I used to go through Jeppeson. Do I still need to? Can I go direct to Garmin?
2. US Lite PilotPac is $559. US Standard included NavData and costs $999. Can I get by with the cheaper one? What does NavData have?
3. I used to pay $499/yr. Prices seem to have increased.
4. I also have dual Dynon SkyView HDX for situational awareness (not IFR legal, of course, and not implying I use it that way). I get sectionals on the SkyView. This is in a light airplane that I never fly hard IFR. I haven't flown any IFR in the last year or so but want to keep the capability.
Questions:
A. Can I go direct Garmin?
B. Do I need NavData?

A. Yes.
B. Most likely Yes.

No benefit to Jeppesen for a 625. Garmin Pak will get you a premium upgrade for Garmin Pilot that will have geo referenced approach plates. The "paks" have nav data, obstacle, airports and a few other things.

If all you have is a GTN 625, you don’t want a PilotPak or a OnePak which are designed for updating multiple Garmin devices. If you want to update all the databases in only the GTN go with a Bundle. Even though I have multiple Garmin devices I go with bundles for each because for my requirements getting 2 separate Bundles is slightly cheaper than a single “Pak”. The other option is to just buy the specific individual database(s) you want. It’s all on the FlyGarmin database page.

Last edited:
Thanks very much. I'll skip Jeppeson and go with a Garmin Bundle.

I get Garmin nav data US for my 625. 330 as I recall

I just renewed by Garmin Navigation Data subscription for my 625. $299+tax. Works great.

Back