Garmin GTN 750 remote audio panel issue

Razzmd

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Razzmd
Just installed a 650/750 in my Cirrus, remote transponder and remote 35c audio panel. Despite the 8 "synoptic graphical selection" modes, there is no pilot isolate. When flying with wife and kids, I have to group her as a passenger, which eliminates the option of different audio options for her and the kids. Had to dig out a couple of old audio adaptors for the kids and unplug their headsets so they are not forced to listen to the Oprah channel. Reached out to Garmin to see if they were aware of this, and was told to read the manual. Am I missing something, or are Garmin engineers dopes??

The audio panel can be configured to have copilot as passenger or as copilot. I don't have my manual handy now, but I recall seeing the option to choose.

Just installed a 650/750 in my Cirrus, remote transponder and remote 35c audio panel. Despite the 8 "synoptic graphical selection" modes, there is no pilot isolate. When flying with wife and kids, I have to group her as a passenger, which eliminates the option of different audio options for her and the kids. Had to dig out a couple of old audio adaptors for the kids and unplug their headsets so they are not forced to listen to the Oprah channel. Reached out to Garmin to see if they were aware of this, and was told to read the manual. Am I missing something, or are Garmin engineers dopes??

I've got an identical setup in my Cirrus (Sarasota Avionics did my install). Did you call your shop that did the work and ask them for support with this? If you don't get what you need I can get you in touch with the guys that installed my setup .

I've got an identical setup in my Cirrus (Sarasota Avionics did my install). Did you call your shop that did the work and ask them for support with this? If you don't get what you need I can get you in touch with the guys that installed my setup .
Just finished spending the morning on the phone with a number of people at Garmin...there is no pilot isolate option on this audio panel. Buyer beware.

Back