Garmin GPS175 and GTX327 interface

Ryan Ottis

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Red 182
I have a Cessna 182 with a GTX 327 transponder and am considering adding a Garmin GPS175. My question is can the GPS175 be configured to control and set the GTX327 transponder? Garmin lists the GTX327 as a transponder it interfaces with, I’m just not sure what that means.
Obviously if money wasn’t a consideration a GTX375 would make a lot of sense, but the 327 and the uavionix ads-b work well.
So can the 175 interface with the 327 well enough where I can mount the 327 on the other side of the panel?

thank you for any advice!

As far as I know, the main function of the interface is the ability for the transponder to switch from standby to altitude reporting based on ground speed. There is no ability to set the transponder on the display.

Do you have built in ads-b in?
If not the upgrade for the GTX375 covers that. plus it allows you to “future proof” any necessary upgrades you may stumble upon.
Perhaps eventually you want some G5? Now you have a capable IFR platform and can remove that pesky vacuum pump.

I love being able to see traffic and alerts on the screen as well as an ipad.

It may sting financially now, but you’ll only cry once. (my wife’s least favorites quote of mine)

Back