Garmin GNS530 simulator for Mac?

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
I'm getting a little deeper into the inner workings of the 530. Years ago I used to have the 430 simulator on my XP computer. Is there anything out there that Garmin has that lets you simulate the 530 on a Mac?

I suppose I can check into installing a virtual machine onto the Macbook and seeing what happens.

I tried the G500 version on a Mac with Virtual Box - worked, but not good enough to be useful for anything. Not aware of a 530 Mac simulator.

I tried the G500 version on a Mac with Virtual Box - worked, but not good enough to be useful for anything. Not aware of a 530 Mac simulator.
I just want to be able to button push and get more familiar with loading and activating approaches. There are some questions I have about "what happens when you do this" that are simple enough to ask, but maybe more helpful to see what actually happens. And it's way more efficient to do something like that in my recliner at home than in a plane.

Also, I forgot that I need a full version of Windows for installation, too. Time to start rooting around again. The last time I did this was on a Win10 PC in order to support some legacy Win XP products. MS used to include XP inside Win 7 (I think(, but dropped it in Win 10 so I had to download XP from either a MS site or someplace else. I may have already had an XP install set, too, I can't remember.

I just want to be able to button push and get more familiar with loading and activating approaches. There are some questions I have about "what happens when you do this" that are simple enough to ask, but maybe more helpful to see what actually happens. And it's way more efficient to do something like that in my recliner at home than in a plane.
When I said barely worked, I mean you saw an image, then pressed one button and it froze. I have a 2015 Mac Book Pro with the best memory and chip available at that time. Might be fine with a more up to date chassis.

When I said barely worked, I mean you saw an image, then pressed one button and it froze. I have a 2015 Mac Book Pro with the best memory and chip available at that time. Might be fine with a more up to date chassis.
Welp, my Macbook sounds like it's the same model as yours.

I think most of the questions I have are able to be answered through YouTube videos now.

Back