Garmin Glo and Clodahoy

Fly-Fla

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Fly-Fla
I'm just getting started with my training and found Cloudahoy to use on my IPad. The first two flights had very erratic tracts Due to poor gps fix. To try to fix this I purchased a Garmin Glo and used it on my flight yesterday. In Cloudahoy it still shows poor gps reception. I had the Glo on the glare shield and it was paired and showing solid green meaning it was position fixed according to the instructions. I can't seem to find a way to verify the IPad is actually receiving the GPS signal from the Glo. The Dual Electronics model has an App that does this. Anyone have any ideas or maybe I should return the Glo and buy the Dual.

Had the same prob with the iPhone but it was fixed with the Bad Elf. First versions of anything do tend to be a little buggy. The CloudAhoy track on a PC shows how good the GPS track is so if that shows poor accuracy, I would get a new one or change receivers.

Cheers

I'm just getting started with my training and found Cloudahoy to use on my IPad. The first two flights had very erratic tracts Due to poor gps fix. To try to fix this I purchased a Garmin Glo and used it on my flight yesterday. In Cloudahoy it still shows poor gps reception. I had the Glo on the glare shield and it was paired and showing solid green meaning it was position fixed according to the instructions. I can't seem to find a way to verify the IPad is actually receiving the GPS signal from the Glo. The Dual Electronics model has an App that does this. Anyone have any ideas or maybe I should return the Glo and buy the Dual.

When you were connected to the Glo, did cloud ahoy show that device as your GPS or did it still show the internal. I just had a few emails back and forth with Chuck Shavit about this with my Iphone and my Dual. He walked me through all the settings to turn off and it worked like a charm.
( all while he was on vacation). Tech support for CA is incredible.

My issue was that location services with Cloud Ahoy was not enabled.

Is the Glo a bluetooth gps or wifi? I has also asked about using the GPS in my Stratus, but being it was WIFI and proprietary , wouldn't work .

Last edited:
I just had a few emails back and forth with Chuck Shavit about this with my Iphone and my Dual. He walked me through all the settings to turn off and it worked like a charm.
( all while he was on vacation). Tech support for CA is incredible.

I agree.

Cheers

Cloud Ahoy doesn't show the Garmin glo it seems, it says external:none. I looked up the settings and it shows location services enabled for Cloudahoy.

Shoot Chuck an email and see what he thinks. This might be something he is able to troubleshoot , or pick up support for in a future update.

And the Ipad shows the Glo connected when you look at the BT menu ?

I shot him an email and posted on the Cloudahoy forum. I'll let everyone know what the resolution is.

Just read the iPad version is out. Don't have to wait to review.

Cheers

Evidently the Glo is not yet set up to work with Cloudahoy. Too new of a product.

Back