Garmin GDL 52 with XM

Stephen Shore

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
sshore
I just purchased a Garmin GDL 52 data link receiver. XM gives you three months of free XM radio service when you sign up for the Pilot Preferred weather package.

My question - how do you receive the XM radio signal? I can't seem to get that part figured out.

I use the Garmin Pilot app and do have the XM Radio app on my phone.

I have most of this figured out - I have the XM working on my tablet through the GDL 52, but I cannot figure out how to get it to play through my headset.

I got the XM radio on my tablet using Garmin Pilot. My Boss A20 headphones show to be paired to my tablet - but no sound.

I got the XM radio on my tablet using Garmin Pilot. My Boss A20 headphones show to be paired to my tablet - but no sound.

Didn’t some older versions of the Bose headsets only have the Bluetooth phone profile and wouldn’t do the music/audio profile?

Seems to ring a bell in my head but I don’t own Bose. You might check on that. The thing you’re probably looking for in the specs for your headset is “A2DP”.

Didn’t some older versions of the Bose headsets only have the Bluetooth phone profile and wouldn’t do the music/audio profile?

Seems to ring a bell in my head but I don’t own Bose. You might check on that. The thing you’re probably looking for in the specs for your headset is “A2DP”.
Yer correct on this one

Back