Garmin G1000 PC Trainer NXi Cessna NAV III, v20.05

sgkramer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Sam
Hi Folks,

I guess this training forum is the best place for this question since I don't see a simulator forum here. And my question really goes to training, as I find the Garmin software in the subject line a very good button pushing learning experience since it is made by Garmin; i.e., not emulated by another company. I have a 2022 C182T coming later this year, and I would like the practice. I used an earlier Garmin version about six years ago when I was first moving into a glass cockpit and found it very helpful.

My issue: The software loads and runs on my Windows 11 computer, but the buttons operate sporadically, and I can't get the initial speed to change from 500+ knots (in a 182!). It runs a little better, but not perfectly, on my laptop with Windows 11. Would someone point me in the right direction to get some help? I think I need to run the program via a command prompt with various changes, but that stuff is way over my head.

Thanks,
Sam

I experienced similar issues with input at first (I just received my copy tonight). I found the keyboard equivalents in the manual very helpful. Specifically, I use the arrow keys (in place of the FMS knob) and the enter/escape keys.

The input is still a bit funky. But you should be able to edit the speed by pressing the menu key (that's menu on the emulated G1000) twice on your PFD to change speed.

For the C172 config, it started at 0 knots, so I changed it to 100 KIAS and bumped up my altitude a few thousand feet AGL. Shortly thereafter I was using autopilot features to navigate.

I've noticed if you scale the window size - the actual click zone of the buttons move slightly outward from the button. For example, the softkeys at the bottom tend to react if you click slightly below the represented button. The MENU button may react better if you click slighty to the right, and so on.

This is a handy piece of software. I wish I knew of its existence earlier on in my training.

For anyone new to the G1000, or if you can't get enough time "hands on" an actual unit to dive into all the options and configurations, tips and techniques, or messing with different autopilot options, this may be the way to go.

Thank you for replying, and I can see that you are using the G1000 Trainer very similar to how I used my old version about two years ago on the computer I had back then.

I understood everything you said. I can double click the menu button and change my altitude and speed, but only my altitude is recognized. Since I first installed and loaded my software two days ago, my airspeed is around 500 knots, and I can't seem to change it.

In addition to that, sometimes pushing a button with my mouse works, other times it doesn't. Something just isn't running correctly. I'm hoping someone had a similar issue and solved it.

Thanks again,
Sam

Back