Garmin Bluetooth audio recording woes

Nathan Miller

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Nathan
Setup - Garmin GMA 345 audio panel, feeding bluetooth audio to my Garmin Virb Ultra 30. 2 out of every 3 videos has completely unusable audio. We (me, instructor, ATC, etc) all sound possessed! What am I doing wrong? (Other than using Garmin ;))

Video comparison of normal mode preceded by Demonic Possession mode:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15gw4bVe82Tv1wm3uuBbEbEg12S1dSFw8/view?usp=sharing
My question is - where do I find the setting to disable Demonic Possession?

Contacting Garmin support was a waste of time. 10 minutes of waiting followed by 10 minutes of chaos. His answer was to treat the Virb like an Etch-A-Sketch - just pick it up and shake it o_O:p

SUPPORT - "Using your the indash system there is not guarantee the videos will be compatible."

ME - I'm not sure what the indash system is... I use the Virb editor if that helps...
SUPPORT - "(quoting back to me what I wrote earlier :rolleyes:) I'm sending bluetooth audio to my Virb through my airplane's Garmin GMA-345 Audio Panel.
Me - Right. And every 2nd or 3rd video has unusable audio. Is there a setting I need to change?
SUPPORT - Use the unit recording share with the Virb app not the airplanes Audio panel.
ME - Can you walk me through how to enable Recording Share?
SUPPORT - From the Virb to the Virb app on your phone.
ME - And "Recording Share" will allow cockpit audio to be recorded (via bluetooth)? I'm trying to avoid running an audio cable into the camera...
SUPPORT - No. From the Virb Utral 30 to the app NOT the airplanes Audio panel.
ME: "I think there's a misunderstanding. It sounds like you're describing how to download videos from the camera. What I'm trying to do is, while I'm recording, use the camera's bluetooth audio input to receive audio for recording purposes."
SUPPORT - "You cannot do this. You will have issues as you described or no audio at all."
ME: "I have done this.. repeatedly. It works about 66% of the time. I bought the Virb Ultra 30 specifically for this feature. I'd like to ensure the other 34% is successful as well"
SUPPORT - "You can complete a Master Reset then setup the Virb again."

Thanks!

Back