Garmin aviation engineers shot

Sudden, senseless death is always hard to bear. I wish I could tell you things will be OK. My personal opinion is that only a total sociopath is ever "OK" after something like this.
Your life will change, and you will adapt. But you don't ever forget. Sometimes you can go an entire week without thinking about it.
Sometimes.
But you don't ever forget.
When I mustered out of the USAF in 1973, I was almost 25 years old. I had more dead friends, KIA, than I had living friends.
Each morning, when I wake up, I dedicate the day to one of those friends who never got to be old enough to retire.

We all want to believe that everything will be ok. The problem is there are some things for which it will never be ok. Death is hard, but explainable deaths are usually easier to move on from. Cancer, old age, these things happen and are expected. They usually have warning, too. When my grandmother died, it was expected and a blessing - she was 94, miserable, and barely functioning. She'd been that way since shortly past her 90th birthday. She was done with this world. Her funeral was not a sad one.

When people are on the other end of the life spectrum with much life left to live and much to look forward to, it's not that way at all.

Sometimes you don't get over it, you get on with it.

Last week my wife left the house to head over to drop some things off at a friend's place. She'd only been gone two or three minutes before all the sirens started tearing past our place. Last night she found out that her same friend has a grandson who's girlfriend is a waitress there. She was working that night, that was her table. She's had her own version of hard to deal with emotions.

That is one deranged individual, brought on a lot of heartache. Senseless is all one can say.

Our life sentence, you mean. $1.2M to keep him alive for 40 years.

You know, I’m just religious enough to feel a twinge of guilt for saying that, but firing squad bullets are cheap.

I’m really fine with Darwin Award presented by firing squads in cases like this one.
The State pen is just up the road in Lansing. After whatever is left of him finishes his first life sentence, he goes to the Federal pen. The closest is in Leavenworth, a couple minutes from Lansing. Trivia: The last inmates executed in KS were in 1965, in Lansing. Two of the last four were Hickock and Smith, they beat the last two by a couple months. Terre Haute, IN has the Federal death row.

Back