Want To Buy Garmin Aviation card programmer

Torque beast

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bryan
Looking for a Garmin programmer to update my 430w if someone has one they want to sell. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will allow you to download the obstacles and terrain databases. If you need NAV you'll need the Jeppesen Skybound programmer as well. I have both, but no data cards. DM me if interested in both. I'm unwilling to sell them separately.

That will allow you to download the obstacles and terrain databases. If you need NAV you'll need the Jeppesen Skybound programmer as well. I have both, but no data cards. DM me if interested in both. I'm unwilling to sell them separately.

I have a Skybound but Jeppesen prices are a lot higher than Garmin so I’m switching. The way I understand it is I can still get Nav through Garmin since mine is waas but a regular 430 has to go through Jeppesen. Is that not right?

Ah, yes. You are correct. I recall having this issue when I first had to deal with Garmin. I had the non-WAAS 430s.

I have a Skybound but Jeppesen prices are a lot higher than Garmin so I’m switching. The way I understand it is I can still get Nav through Garmin since mine is waas but a regular 430 has to go through Jeppesen. Is that not right?

A non waas GNS430 can update both nav and terrain cards using garmin database manager app using the garmin usb adapter. The skybound hardware is not compatible at the garmin site. I just updated a GNS430 non-waas today.

I discovered I need a 010-10201-21 terrain card. The old ones no longer have enough memory.

Back